• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lightened NC’s?

HarveyM

Reaction score
Visit site
With all those changes I believe you could lose that much weight but would it really make a difference performance-wise? It would be interesting to see if it made a difference in mpg.

I have the swingarm swap and have been thinking of getting a gpr deeptone exhaust, but I'm more interested in looks than weight savings. I'd be better off losing the 20lbs I gained this year sitting around the house because of covid.

I could see it being worthwhile for trail riding I guess especially if you were adding a lot of accessories and gear.

What handlebars did he go with? Ive been thinking of going wider, I find my hands move to the outside often.

It was a single comment in response to a group member selling his NC for a lighter bike.
But the facebook group is this one:

The two easiest things would be the batt and a slip-on with a straight pipe. Lose the rear foot pegs (if never used). The batt would probably be close to 5 lbs alone. Skip the next 200 beers and there's your first 20 lbs.

I’ve done the swingarm swap too, the weight saving was a secondary advantage to looks and corrosion-resistance.
agree with other comments that easier & cheaper to save weight on rider and kit than on bike; e.g. lightweight helmet (500g), drop yourself to ideal body weight (10kg+ for many!), empty bladder before setting off (half litre so another 500g), etc.

Back