• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lone Honda NC amongst a sea of Harleys

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to tell everyone here, especially those that may be contemplating whether or not to get a Honda NC700X, how we were at a large motorcycle Blessing church service this past Sunday.

Our small, but menacing, red NC was parked prior to the ride alone in the midst of maybe 300-400 bikes with 98% of them being Harley Davidson.

The ride itself was about two hours long and was predominantly back winding roads.

At one point the entire line of machines did hit the four lane highway.

At that point the speed limit was 65 and every bike roared to life and jumped on the throttle.

Guess what?

So did the NC700X running two up (maybe 350 lbs total aboard).

The NC just cruised along with the big boys having fun running 70-75 MPH.

At one point there was a stop for any bike that needed gas.

Not the NC - it just laughed right straight in the Harley's headlights.

We still had many miles to go before filling the NC's petro belly.

So, can the NC run the highways - Yes!
Can the NC run the highways two up - Yes!
Can the NC maneuver the twistys - Yes!
Can the NC maneuver the twistys running two up - Yes!
Can the NC handle the back country roads - Yes!

So if you are considering an NC for your next purchase keep all this in mind.

If you already own an NC - stop reading this and get out on your Honda - your burning daylight.

God bless!!

Michael and Karen

The NC can handle a lot of stuff , I don't know what it is best at. But mine took me to Prudhoe Bay, Deadhorse Alaska last year in the worst conditions. Up the Dalton Highway , the old haulroad, pouring rain, sleet, high winds. Didn't even have to use the spare gas I brought along.

The NC can handle a lot of stuff , I don't know what it is best at. But mine took me to Prudhoe Bay, Deadhorse Alaska last year in the worst conditions. Up the Dalton Highway , the old haulroad, pouring rain, sleet, high winds. Didn't even have to use the spare gas I brought along.

I really enjoyed your ride report.

Triumph n Shadow- that's the way I am when I go to the Vets for Vets ride!

Last edited:
My wife and I also own a Triumph Rocket III Touring with it's 2300 CC engine.

But I wanted to take the NC on this ride knowing I would be among a large collection of bikes and the chances some riders would not totally focus on the road and all the bikes around them.

I wanted a bike where I could handle and maneuver it quickly.

Plus, I wanted all the Harley owners to see there are other machines with unique styling and they should have a freedom to get off of the expensive social machines and try something different.

While most riders and bystanders were ooooing and aaaahhhing the big Harleys I was doing the same about my bikes unique style, MPGs, and handling that the others will never get to try because they are more concerned about what others think than the reality of the ride.

Oh I do love the look of the HD.

But then I love to look at all bikes because they are all fantastic.

God bless!!

Michael

I'm having lunch at a local motorcycle destination restaurant and my NC is the only non-HD bike here. There are over 50 Hayley's. Couple with the fact I ride high-viz ATGATT I really made an impression!

The wife and I once did a group charity ride for a local kids camp. It started at a nearby Harley dealer. We rode up on our mp3 400 and they didn't know where to put us so I just got in line with the 6000 other Harleys. Did I mention I was wearing my high viz yellow jacket and Shoei Hornet DS riding 2 up on a 3 wheeled scooter. Harley guys wouldn't ride anywhere near me. It was like there was a bubble of scooter non squid cooties surrounding us and if the Harley guys got too close they would catch it and have to wear a helmet or shudder a jacket.

my favorite was a guy passing a bunch of Harleys at the Tail of the Dragon while riding a Burgman. Those guys were not happy.

It's funny riding this bike. I used ot ride nothing but Litre bikes and there is a click there too. Now I ride this NC and I'm in an "inbetween group". The Harely guys aren't sure if they want to wave and the sport bike riders aren't sure either. LOL! I could care less. I'm on my bike and that is all that matters to me. I just think it is funny how things have to be about status.

Glad you had a good time on your ride.

When I started riding I had been warned about "the wave" at mt MSF class. Back then, and it wasn't too long ago, there were a bunch of different waves. Some guys gave 2 fingers down, some guys sorta gave 2 fingers to the side, there were also the 3 finger versions of this, and of course there were the various full hand waves, to the side, don't quite let go of the grip, the quick pop up, etc. When i would drive the MP3 i would always give the same wave to everyone, namely 3 fingers down, cause well... it has 3 wheels and I'm not crashing. Lately tho everyone has been giving me 2 fingers and 2 fingers only, either to the side or down. I can't help but think that its a peace sign. Peace between the clicks is what I think. What's everyone else seeing out there? More peace signs or same ole same ole?

I just wave however I feel like. If the responder has some special wave with a specific meaning, well that nice, but all I care is that they waved back. I make no effort to interpret their wave style.

my favorite was a guy passing a bunch of Harleys at the Tail of the Dragon while riding a Burgman. Those guys were not happy.

I would not have been happy either since the road is a no passing zone. :mad:

:)

Last edited:
Back