• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Long çrank issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did replace the battery when I started noticing this problem it would take longer and longer to crank. I checked the battery then it was okay but all this time of long cranking more down so I had sensor placed it since I put the fuel pump in

I did replace the battery when I started noticing this problem it would take longer and longer to crank. I checked the battery then it was okay but all this time of long cranking more down so I had sensor placed it since I put the fuel pump in
I’m trying to decipher your post with it’s run-on sentences. Does “I had sensor placed it” actually mean I had since replaced it? I’m not as mentally sharp as I used to be, but I can’t tell exactly what work or part replacements were done, and in what chronological order.

I did replace the battery when I started noticing this problem it would take longer and longer to crank....
It would be more helpful if you mentioned at the beginning that you replaced the battery and it didn't solve the "long cranks". We could avoid these unnecessary and unproductive discussions about the battery here.
Diagnostics is a process of eliminating possible problems. An experienced technician can make a list of problems to be checked. Therefore, I usually recommend that the diagnosis be made in an experienced workshop.
You mentioned the possibility of replacing the fuel pump. My advice would be to do the pump test recommended in the Service Manual, section 7 first.
You may, at least, do the fuel flow inspection test yourself.

f pump.jpg

The fact that the battery can be the cause, such as a sudden battery death!
Also they can be in a state for a period of time before they die where they almost seem good, but you can tell something isnt right - as in long cranking....

The fact that the battery can be the cause, such as a sudden battery death!
Also they can be in a state for a period of time before they die where they almost seem good, but you can tell something isnt right - as in long cranking....
It is not only hard to digest but also how to swallow it first?
What is this...?

Actually it seems like there's a lot more s*** slingers on here than there is a guy is trying to help. If I can figure out how to wait to delete this thread I would and just go somewhere else. The battery and the fuel pump have been replaced in the last 3 weeks.

...The battery and the fuel pump have been replaced in the last 3 weeks.
I did not get it first that you have already replaced the fuel pump.
This still looks like a PGM-FI symptom. Weird there is no DTC.
The Service Manual provides a list of possible symptoms:

PGMFI.jpg

In your case, identifying the problem is one of the most difficult, especially since the Honda diagnostic system is not helpful at all.
A correct and honest answer in these cases is: I don't know, especially when you don't have access to the vehicle.
When I dealt with vehicle diagnostics, carburetor was common, so finding the problem was easier than today. The electrical system was also more simplified. Of course there is no going back. The electric drive should simplify the diagnosis to some extent.

Actually it seems like there's a lot more s*** slingers on here than there is a guy is trying to help. If I can figure out how to wait to delete this thread I would and just go somewhere else. The battery and the fuel pump have been replaced in the last 3 weeks.
If you are going to complain, well then, to put it bluntly, people are having a very difficult time helping you because your description of your problem has been brief, but much more so, specifics about what you have done so far and in what order has been mostly little tidbits dropped along the way. We went off on a tangent about batteries perhaps because we got to the start of page two, post #21, before you even mentioned that you had replaced the battery after the long crank symptoms began.

As far as I’m concerned, this has been for the most part, a garbage in, garbage out thread. I wouldn’t mind if it was deleted, too. If you want good help, clearly state the specific work that has been done so far and in what order it was done in relation to the start of the long crank symptoms.

Yes has no air filter spark plugs valve adjustment.
It also would help greatly if you proof read your posts before submitting them.

IACV a will not light the check engine light.
Opening the throttle slightly during cranking will bypass the IACV.
Post #3 mentions IACV aand it’s in step 1 item 4 in the shop manual:

Verification of the engine coolant temperature sensor is also critical for cold start enrichment.

D4FE79B5-1159-434E-BAEE-80343F769867.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are going to complain, well then, to put it bluntly, people are having a very difficult time helping you because your description of your problem has been brief, but much more so, specifics about what you have done so far and in what order has been mostly little tidbits dropped along the way. We went off on a tangent about batteries perhaps because we got to the start of page two, post #21, before you even mentioned that you had replaced the battery after the long crank symptoms began.

As far as I’m concerned, this has been for the most part, a garbage in, garbage out thread. I wouldn’t mind if it was deleted, too. If you want good help, clearly state the specific work that has been done so far and in what order it was done in relation to the start of the long crank symptoms.

It also would help greatly if you proof read your posts before submitting them.
Yes I have speech to text and I don't pay attention just hit send. I was reading through the other forums and I'm thinking if the idle air control solenoid or motor whatever it's called? And gradually got worse over a couple years. It would do it once every few months to recently it's doing it about every other day. And I noticed it did briefly get better after I changed the air filter didn't do it as often then got back to doing it often again. So I'll take that out and clean it and see what happens but thank you so much for your help

Yes I have speech to text and I don't pay attention just hit send.
If you don’t even pay attention to what you post, don’t be surprised by the results you get back. Frankly, you are wasting the time of those good people who are trying to help you. And then you have the nerve to call them s*** slingers.

Thread is closed. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back