• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Long time no ride, electrical failure

rhody987

Reaction score
Visit site
So let’s start with I miss riding but after 3 seasons of no riding it’s time to let it go.

battery was dead 100% dead. so I gave it a quick jump and noticed I pulled the cables the cluster started flickering and died them the bike died. With the jumper cables on the bike would run fine but as soon as disconnecting flicker and die. Well I did some reading and on similar bikes it said when the battery is completely toast this will happen.

replaced the batter and ultimate screw up crossed terminals. Now no matter what I do no juice at all. Checked fuses they all look good. Ground is tight. Any thoughts before I either reduce price and offload it orrr take it to a shop for repair before trying to sell it again?

When you said you checked the fuses, did you check the main 30 amp fuse that is part of the starter relay assembly to the right of the battery? It's easy not to realize there is a main fuse there. Note the green fuse above the persons's hand in the attached photo.

3C4ECE58-CD85-45D4-A854-556F6A19B540.jpeg

Last edited:
When you said you checked the fuses, did you check the main 30 amp fuse that is part of the starter relay assembly to the right of the battery? It's easy not to realize there is a main fuse there. Note the green fuse above the persons's hand in the attached photo.

View attachment 42719
Favorite drink and where do i send it?

Back