• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Look what followed me home.........

2017 vfr1200x dct.

Nice!

I’ve been browsing dealer inventories all around the Midwest for left over model years and there seem to be a lot of VFRXs left over and discounted. Many, many left over 2017 Africa Twins are out there, too. If you wanted one of these, now is a good time to buy. There are Honda-to-dealer incentives on many of the new old stock which you could use for bargaining.

Poor Honda. They make so many really good machines that go under-marketed and under-rated. I started out on Hondas and I’ll likely finish up on a Honda and nary one regret with any of them.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear more about it.

So far loving the bike. We will see when the new bike novelty wears off. Don’t need to sell the other bikes ..... But right now I would sell both the NC and ST if I had to make the decision today. I am tending toward selling the ST.

VFR1200X
Gear box ultra smooth love the DCT.
Power and torque are awesome!!!!!
Road manners are precise.
Windshield very good for being relatively small. Manual height adjustment is Perfect especially in the high temps we are experiencing.
Seat good so far.
Suspension is loosing up with miles..........trying different settings.
Self canceling turn signals .......;)

Switching over Garmin from ST.......Crash bars, heated grips, skid plate, rear box on order.
I am 6’2 and standing on pegs is perfect in the stock configuration.

Throttle response is very very very sensitive at small throttle opening at 20-40 MPH. Getting use to it with more miles but will install Throttle tamer when I install the the heated grips.
Horn is very weak........tight space for larger horn.......more research needed.

It’s interesting you mention the throttle control, but it jogged my memory of my test ride on the VFR at the Honda truck at WingDing in Billings, MT. One of the things I noted was the the throttle was almost like an on-off toggle switch at lower speeds. The VFR is big bike, but I’m sure it fits you well. I sincerely hope you enjoy it!

Having excess inventory and lots of "non-currents" (jargon for NOS) is not exclusive to Honda at this time. I'd bet that most brands are suffering this to a certain degree. Some who had overproduction capability, such as H-D, were really hit hard when sales of all motorcycles tanked.

My old SV 650 had a similar toggle switch like throttle at low rpm. There was an adjustment that could be made by turning the throttle position sensor which greatly smoothed out the initial throttle response. I wonder if there is something similar that could be done on the Honda?

Self canceling turn signals .......;)

There should be a law.

Until the technology is good enough to make them work well, I’m glad self cancelling signals are not mandated. On my GL1800, at speed, the turn signal cancels after so many blinks or seconds. If I signal early (because it’s the appropriate thing to do for that particular situation), the signal cancels before I get to the turn, and I have to notice it and punch the signal switch again. I spend as much mental energy making sure the self cancelling signal doesn’t cancel early, as I would remembering to shut the signal off after the turn on a manual signal bike.

Not ready for prime time yet. But, I admit my GL1800 is getting old, so maybe there are improvements to the self cancelling systems I’m not aware of.

Last edited:
I installed the aftermarket self canceling turn signal unit on the NC. It works off a G sensor so early cancellation is NOT a problem or a concern. So far the smart turn has been flawless. The VFR system does have a distance traveled measure using the difference front and rear in a turn. It does very well of getting the lane change right with varying cancel rates by vehicle speed and time based at high speeds. The Honda is proud that they do not use a steer angle in the newer systems.

My 1983 Goldwing used steer angle sensor and distance traveled to cancel. It was one of the first cancel systems for mainstream. It also had linked brakes also new in the era.

I purchased several Smart Turn Systems thinking I was going to install on my other bikes.
Retails for $100........will be selling an unopened unit in the marketplace soon. $90 free shipping.

703FBBBB-FE79-4ECE-B722-42AE2B27F106.jpg

Last edited:
I need it. Last year in town a lady started to pull out in front of me and then decided not to I was all thinking what an idiot then a couple minutes later I looked down and realised my flasher was on. Then again this year on the open road a guy pulled ahead a foot as I got close and I waved my arms around at him in a gesture of why’d you do that? Once again a couple minutes later I see my flasher is on. In retrospect he did me a favor.

One problem is that I cant see the blinking light on my dash as it is blocked by the chin guard of my full face helmet.

I often try to keep my thumb on the flasher button until I turn it off but that hasn’t been reliable.

The after market self cancel kit sounds like its right for me.

Last edited:
1000 miles in:
43-49 MPG. Easy 200 miles before “reserve” light
SW-Motech skid plate
SW-Motech crash bars
Oxford heated grips
Throttle tamer............throttle less touchy
GPS Zumo 550 install
Honda rear trunk install
Suspension adjustments dialed in.
So far riding it every place and conditions that I used the NC
ST1300 is for sale pending( sold) ........keeping the NC :D