• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at buying a NC700X 2012

mjhclaw

Reaction score
Visit site
Just want some feedback, found a 2012 NC700X with only 1100 miles on it. Dose $4000 sound good? I know it is high for the year but the miles are low and it is in perfect shape. I am going to try to get closer to $3500. I am on the fence about going to a newer bike but if this is a deal I will move on it.

Thanks for any response or comments.
Matt

Annotation 2019-11-30 111235.jpg
a2.jpg

I think it’s a tad bit high. These bikes have one of the worst resale values so at $3500, you could definitely get something nice and newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The miles and the condition are what might make that bike worth a bit more, generally speaking. It just depends on what you personally place the most value on. You can surely fine a lower price in and around a market like Atlanta - but then you’ll have to consider things like accessories, higher mileage, etc.

I’d still be offering less just based on what I’m seeing. All they can say is “no”. Check the Blue Book and throw ‘em an offer. They’ll likely counter it with something...

I would start at 3000 to 3100. This is low miles but miles aren't as big as factor like they were in the 70's. There are plenty of used farkled out bikes for $3500 with less than or around 20,000 miles. That's still hardly touching the life of the engine. I have two 2012's in the stable. Bought a manual in 2015 with the stock tall shield and the stock trunk and a two brothers slip on with 3000 miles and paid $4000. Bought a DCT 2012 in 2017 with 9000 miles and it had been lowered using soupysperformance.com dog bones and adjustable kickstand, had SW/Motech 1/4 removable bag mounts and GIVI E22 bags, had new Shinko dual purpose tires. It needed a new chain and an oil change. I did sprockets at the same time as the chain. Paid $3800. I traveled away from home for both but to me that's part of the fun. Bike is easy to do maintenance on and you can learn all you need to on this forum. This looks like it is at a dealer and you will always pay more at a dealer as they need to stay in business. If you buy it I would definitely run several tanks of gas through it that were treated with seafoam in case any injectors were sitting with gas that started to varnish up.
Cheers,
Guy

Oh, a forum member was trying to sell his bike as he has two of them. Had many farkles and bags and such. Lives near Champaign Illinois. Had more miles but he takes care of his bikes. Look him up to see if he still has it. His moniker I do believe is 670CC.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There are brand new 700x for sale on cycletrader for like 5k and that's with warranty. Haggle that down!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the answers and advice. I am moving on, they are to set on the price being a dealership. They say "they have to much in it".

Thanks,
Matt

A month ago, 670cc (member on here) still had his 2012 for sale;

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/sell-your-bike-car-truck/15185-fs-2012-nc700x-highly-farkled-manual-transmission-reduced-$3500.html?highlight=670cc

You could do no wrong with this bike...I would buy it but got 3 bikes in the garage (NC700, Boulevard, and a klx250sf) now and cant have anymore unless I get rid of one which I cant do (I like all 3).

and here is a member that lives in South Carolina:
https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/s...d-w-givi-trekker-outback-bags.html#post218507

Last edited:
A month ago, 670cc (member on here) still had his 2012 for sale;

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/sell-your-bike-car-truck/15185-fs-2012-nc700x-highly-farkled-manual-transmission-reduced-$3500.html?highlight=670cc

You could do no wrong with this bike...I would buy it but got 3 bikes in the garage (NC700, Boulevard, and a klx250sf) now and cant have anymore unless I get rid of one which I cant do (I like all 3).

and here is a member that lives in South Carolina:
https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/s...d-w-givi-trekker-outback-bags.html#post218507

Yes, my 2012 is still for sale! Thanks, David, for posting the link to my ad.

"Yes, my 2012 is still for sale! Thanks, David, for posting the link to my ad."

Look at the end of post #4 670CC!
[emoji16]
Good luck to the both of you.

670, if yours is still around in late spring send me a PM as I may come look at it as another daughter will need a bike by then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back