• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for a foot shifter kit for a 2015 Nc700x dct as well as a seat and some Givi Sandlebags

trjerm

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I just picked up a 2015 NC700X DCT , and it's got Barkbuster hand guards ( one is missing bar end wt and screw )
, handwarmers, engine guard w fog lights and GIVI racks w tail box but didn't come w saddle bags ( Does have mounts )

It's a great bike , but could be better with a few items
So I'm Looking for

#1 A honda foot shifter KIt for DCT 700 ( used to shifting w foot and left hand doesn't work worth shit )
#2 a more comfortable seat
#3 a slightly taller windshield
#4 a skid plate ( In case i get more comfortable a start tacking the rougher dirt roads )
#5 Givi saddlebags
than I'll look at better better suspension ( has anyone tried Honda F4i front forks and a better shock )
But I'm 67 on fixed income so give me your best price.
Might have to sell some of my clutch controlled bikes that I doubt I'll be able to ride after 4 neck surgeries (left arm and hand issues )
thanks Tom

Ive not seen the shifter kit for sale in a few years. It used to be mostly found in europe. Occasionally I see them on ebay so that is where I would look.

Lots of different opinions on seats and taller shields here on the forum. I'd do a quick search a read some of the reviews of the more popular brands here. The best advice, everyone is different and what works for some doesn't for others.

I think the SW-Motec skid plate looks the best on the bike based on others pictures posted.

Note sure about a foot shifter.

Seat - I use an Airhawk seat pad and it works great for me. Seats are very subjective and there has been a lot of discussion on seats. Do a search to find enough reading to keep you busy.
Windscreen - I use a Madstad. Love it. Likewise, do a search and you'll find discussions and pictures of many types.
Skidplate - Many like them. It's on my list too, but after 5 years of ownership, I haven't made it a priority.
GIVI saddlebags - I installed the SW-Motec rear rack and side racks. Great quality option. Again, search to see many pics of bikes with various racks and bags/cases installed.

When searching, point google to the site, like this:
skid plate site:nc700-forum.com

Like you, I got my bike with Givi monokey side and top rack but not the cases. I paid 618 total for the full set which saved me a lot from an Italian shop. The wait was well worth it. I tried Airhawk for the seat and had to return them and I’m getting my laam seat done next month. My bike also came with a tall v stream National cycle windshield which has fared me well. Feel free to PM for details
Hi I just picked up a 2015 NC700X DCT , and it's got Barkbuster hand guards ( one is missing bar end wt and screw )
, handwarmers, engine guard w fog lights and GIVI racks w tail box but didn't come w saddle bags ( Does have mounts )

It's a great bike , but could be better with a few items
So I'm Looking for

#1 A honda foot shifter KIt for DCT 700 ( used to shifting w foot and left hand doesn't work worth shit )
#2 a more comfortable seat
#3 a slightly taller windshield
#4 a skid plate ( In case i get more comfortable a start tacking the rougher dirt roads )
#5 Givi saddlebags
than I'll look at better better suspension ( has anyone tried Honda F4i front forks and a better shock )
But I'm 67 on fixed income so give me your best price.
Might have to sell some of my clutch controlled bikes that I doubt I'll be able to ride after 4 neck surgeries (left arm and hand issues )
thanks Tom

Got the foot shifter installed , and figured out how to install the Penske 8981 off my 4th Gen VFR, that was rebuilt by Ed Sorbo @ Lindemann Engineering for my weight and riding style. It has adjustable compression, rebound ,preload and ht adjustment and sprung for my weight and I already had it on a bike that I'll be selling. Still have to do fork seals and fluid and replace fork caps w adjustable preload ones I had on 4th gen VFR
and get Pirelli Angels mounted, than see if its improved significantly on my favorite backroads
Also cleaned K&N air filter , changed oil and filter and checked and adjusted valves so far .
Not to bad for not having much use of my left hand

Last edited:
PXL_20220724_013027622.jpgPXL_20220724_014130922.jpgPXL_20220724_014437704.jpgPXL_20220724_014740926.jpg
Got the foot shifter installed , and figured out how to install the Penske 8981 off my 4th Gen VFR, that was rebuilt by Ed Sorbo @ Lindemann Engineering for my weight and riding style. It has adjustable compression, rebound ,preload and ht adjustment and sprung for my weight and I already had it on a bike that I'll be selling. Still have to do fork seals and fluid and replace fork caps w adjustable preload ones I had on 4th gen VFR
and get Pirelli Angels mounted, than see if its improved significantly on my favorite backroads
Also cleaned K&N air filter , changed oil and filter and checked and adjusted valves so far .
Not to bad for not having much use of my left hand

Back