• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for a Tool Kit for NCX

The one thing that I have always used from the stock tool kits, has been the spark plug socket/wrench. They are handy little things to have.

Oh, and I still to this day, 31 years later, use the dial air pressure guage from my CX500Turbo tool kit, lol.

just checked mine bloody rubbish ,didn't even have a shock spanner and as always tool kit does not fit on any nuts snugly .
so your liable to round the buggers off and the allen key is a joke.
I'll make my own kit.and beside what maintenance are you likely to need?
of all the bikes I've had I've never broke down yet!
look after your bike..neglect at your peril .
You never owned a Vstrom ( DL1000 ) have you !!hehehehehe

Thanks for the link. I went on BikeBandit.com, and found some less expensive alternatives to what is on the parts list that have Honda part numbers . I bought:

5mm Hex Wrench Part # 2922613 for $0.58
[Item] [Part Number] [Price]

SPANNER (8X10) 718971 $1.72

SPANNER (12X14) 2922615 $1.74

Won't you need another 12mm x 14mm wrench, so you can tighten both nuts on the chain adjusters?

Steve Mc.

The one thing that I have always used from the stock tool kits, has been the spark plug socket/wrench. They are handy little things to have.

Oh, and I still to this day, 31 years later, use the dial air pressure guage from my CX500Turbo tool kit, lol.

Yes, the spark plug wrench is extremely handy, and I did put a pencil/stick tire gauge in there. Wish I had a cool gauge like the one you have!

It might be a good idea to have a second 12 mm wrench to tighten the chain adjuster, but I want to have the bare-ass-minimum number of tools, but at the same time, be able to remove body parts and tighten the chain. I decided against getting a spark plug socket, since the service interval is so long, the possibility of a fouled plug is virtually zero.

Another thing I have done is add RV coverage to my AAA Plus membership, that adds motorcycle towing up to 100 miles.

It might be a good idea to have a second 12 mm wrench to tighten the chain adjuster, but I want to have the bare-ass-minimum number of tools, but at the same time, be able to remove body parts and tighten the chain. I decided against getting a spark plug socket, since the service interval is so long, the possibility of a fouled plug is virtually zero.

Another thing I have done is add RV coverage to my AAA Plus membership, that adds motorcycle towing up to 100 miles.

As far as towing coverage goes I have found the MRF Roadside Assistance package to be the best value out there by far. $19.95 a year and they will tow up to 100 miles at no cost (Unless they have changed their terms recently). Covers one rider riding ANY motorcyle. You can also opt for a version that covers 2 autos and 2 motorcycles for $46.95.

You do not have to be a member to buy their Roadside Assistance package. I looked at adding AAA RV coverage but it was outrageously expensive considering it is based on towing an RV as compared to a motorcycle.

As far as towing coverage goes I have found the MRF Roadside Assistance package to be the best value out there by far. $19.95 a year and they will tow up to 100 miles at no cost (Unless they have changed their terms recently). Covers one rider riding ANY motorcyle. You can also opt for a version that covers 2 autos and 2 motorcycles for $46.95.

You do not have to be a member to buy their Roadside Assistance package. I looked at adding AAA RV coverage but it was outrageously expensive considering it is based on towing an RV as compared to a motorcycle.

Emailed their office and reply was the RAP was cancelled in April 2013.

One thing I use every day is the cable strap to hang my helmet off the hook under the pillion seat while on the ferry. My Shoei Quest doesn't fit in the frunk and the top box is mostly full with my work bag/lunch/random stuff. Glad at least that came with.

When a unit comes into a dealership, the tool kit is placed in so many different places inside the crate, that it is not uncommon for the tool kit to not be put in the bike at delivery. Check with your dealership, he usually has some of these kits in a draw somewhere at dealership I'm sure he will sell you cheap. If not any dealer can order tool kits from
Tucker Rocky: VIEWING TUCKER ROCKY PUBLICATION PAGES

Emailed their office and reply was the RAP was cancelled in April 2013.

That's a shame because the AAA coverage is $124 a year for one driver or twice the auto coverage.

I buy my motorcycle insurance through Costco and get RA for free with my Executive Membership.

Back