• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking forward to the new version

mercurydog47

Reaction score
Visit site
If Honda was to make an NC1000x DCT with the Africa Twin engine and a 5 gallon gas tank and an improved seat they wouldn't be able to keep them in the stores. I really like my 2012 model and I am completely sold on the DCT but sometimes the bike could use some more power and I would love to not have to deal with an aftermarket seat. I sat on an Africa Twin the other day and it all seemed really great but I am not sure that an adventure bike that extreme is really necessary for the majority of us who aren't Ewan and Charley. Plus it is quite a bit more expensive than the NC700x series.

I would love to see as factory equipment, heated handgrips, a 12 Volt accessory socket, a taller windshield, a centerstand, and a turn signal cancelling system.

That said, there is nothing to suggest that such a bike is forthcoming. Too bad.

Isn't that basically the VRF1200x?

honda-vrf-1200x-crosstourer-acessorios-carplace-3.jpg

But yea, a 1000cc with a larger tank would be awesome.
Or heck, maybe just an 800 with a 5.5 gallon tank!

I'me even ok with the current motor, but a nice fat fuel tank would be awesome!

I drove down to San Jose and rode the VFR 1200x DCT they had down there, and still have there today I believe. I showed up predisposed to like the bike and took it out for a spin. It felt really heavy and the seat height was pretty excessive. I know there are aftermarket low seats available. I just came away with a feeling of disappointment because I was ready to buy something. Lots more details but those were the main ones.

I drove down to San Jose and rode the VFR 1200x DCT they had down there, and still have there today I believe. I showed up predisposed to like the bike and took it out for a spin. It felt really heavy and the seat height was pretty excessive. I know there are aftermarket low seats available. I just came away with a feeling of disappointment because I was ready to buy something. Lots more details but those were the main ones.
That's precisely why I bought my Africa Twin. The VFR just wasn't a good fit, although I wanted it to be.

I would love to see as factory equipment, heated handgrips, a 12 Volt accessory socket, a taller windshield, a centerstand, and a turn signal cancelling system.

Except for the self cancelling turn signals, the rest of these items are factory equipment for the NC700X. Howevever, they are sold separately in the hopes of generating more revenue for Honda. I don't see any incentive for Honda to make them standard equipment as the resulting base price of the motorcycle would become less attractive.

The center stand is the prime example of this strategy. It most certainly should be standard equipment, but alas, the motorcycle is fully operational without it. It would be like cars that didn't come with locking doors unless you paid extra for the option.

What you described as your dream bike actually is the AT with street tires. As to being more expensive, yes, that will be the going price of any 1000cc machine. Go get one!

Last edited:
Our dealer doesn't stock the VEG. Didn't think anyone would want it and no one has asked. The AT go out as soon as they arrive.

I was disappointed with my Honda demo ride on the DCT VFR1200X. The bike is heavy, it's a long way to the ground, and a long reach to the bars. My main dislike was the jerky engine fueling that made it difficult to ride the bike smoothly. I expect the model could disappear from the US lineup soon.

There was talk of a turbo charged NC700X awhile back, as a OEM option, that would be awesome. I don't have any experience with the AT engine but I know half the valves are simple screw adjustment and half are shims. Not a fan of shims. I'm sure it'll be fine but time will tell, I'm not in a place to buy another motorcycle right now anyway. I like the characteristics of the NC engine I just wish it had more power, 1,000cc would be perfect I think. 90% of the time my NC is great, problem is my commute takes me over a mountain pass where 20/40 miles or if 60 I'm having a hard time keeping up with the flow of traffic depending on the headwind (Without dropping into 5th and riding in the high 5,000 RPM range) 20/40 miles is too far to do that once or twice a day in my opinion.

I agree, a bit more power would be great, but there is always a trade off and Honda can't please everyone. I recon it would be more difficult to keep the same mileage with bigger engine displacement, or different tuning of the same for more power with same characteristics. If it is more power that one desires, there are better choices than NC range.

The ideal NC1000 would be a 3-cylinder. To start the joke, 3/4's of a Jazz / Fit engine. That way it could keep its economical under stressed character but gain significant power and smoothness. Give it belt drive and I would buy one.

Honda needs to learn how to put a bike on the Jenny Craig program. I have never had or considered one that I didn't think was overweight for what it was. Lightweighting costs more than Honda wants to spend on product cost. Crimey, my 1200 GS with shaft drive weighs less than an AT with DCT and a chain - much less the "equivalent" 1200x which weighs in like an FJR.

Yes but Honda's reputation is that of long term reliability and low operating costs. BMW's reputation..... well not so much. A little weight in the right places serves well.

That's for sure. You can buy an NC with dct, throw in about 2,500 worth of added stuff and you still aren't getting over 11 grand or so. The nc offers a lot of platform for "tuning" a bike.

That's for sure. You can buy an NC with dct, throw in about 2,500 worth of added stuff and you still aren't getting over 11 grand or so. The nc offers a lot of platform for "tuning" a bike.
That's true and plenty of people find used ones with 5k miles for half that with those accessories (already installed even)

That's true and plenty of people find used ones with 5k miles for half that with those accessories (already installed even)

Mine was a brand-new "leftover" 2015 model: $4437 was the final negotiated price. I was looking at used but just couldn't resist that deal.

I usually prefer to do my own accessorizing, so even buying used I tend to prefer stock bikes.

Last edited:
good bikes its a pity they've ruined the looks on the new ones.
I like the 'S' Model though.
every body are different just as well or we'd be riding around like a bunch of ol farts.lol

I've a feeling that they won't increase the performance of the engine due to the limited size of the under-seat fuel tank. Not to mention govt. restrictions of engine sizes, tariffs, etc) Honda might have a targeted range on this type of bike. Would you give up 20-30 miles range for a bit more power? Not me.

Ironic too, because if the frunk were an actual gas tank it could easily be reshaped to hold more fuel. The height could be increased several inches, unlike on a sportsbike where you are practically laying on top of it in the normal hunched forward riding position.

To increase the size of the NCX's tank you'd have to raise the seat, right?
That would put it at a bit too high for me to be comfortable with all my errand running around town. The bike's current seat height allows me to back it in or hop a curb into my parking space, something I could never do on a taller (much less heavier) bike.

Back