• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looks like the NC750 has been confirmed

I have no bad feelings. I'm sure they have reasons for it, and maybe someday in the future if I want an upgrade I'll check one out. It will be interesting to see if they offer more refinements other than the displacement increase. Like others I wouldn't mind a touch more room on the rev ceiling. If it's more power and the same limit, you had better practice rapid shifting. I'd love it if they offered the anti-skid manual version in the U.S.

Who cares if Honda makes a profit,I suspect the the NC is just a loss leader to get Honda back into the big bike mainstream...Later models are usually an improvement on the first try..Take it from me BMW is the last brand I would ever think of buying,,,If I had not bought the NC I think I would have plumbed for the Bonnie/Scrambler or a Guzzi,,, "Bmw yuck"

I think it is a marketing move to address the perception of a lack of power, at least by the us press. Probably 5-8 more hp. I would expect almost no other changes as apparently the bike is a big success in Europe and elsewhere. I don't need the extra hp but would really like the rev limit increased by 500 rpm, just to make the motor more flexible in merging/overtaking traffic situations. Honestly I think the motor is remarkable and unique in good ways.

Tom

When I was looking at purchasing a new NC, the salesman practically begged me to wait until the FZ-09 came out before making my decision. We went over to his desk and he pulled up an article on it and just raved about how great he thought it was. The whole time we were sitting there I couldn't help but think how much I disliked the bike. I wanted something that got great gas mileage (NC), was comfortable (NC) and would be ideal for commuting (NC/frunk).

I'll mirror that really my main concern with the release of a 750 is parts availability and aftermarket compatability. It'll be difficult for smaller companies, is a fiscal sense, to make parts for a bike that only has a two year run. As an aside, I also don't think that I would be personally interested in a motorcycle that's any heavier than than 700 currently is.

Last edited:
GsVs, the 5 speed is for a learner only machine for training schools in Japan. I can't see a new 750 on sale to the general public having a 5 speed gear box.

I hope not, I love the 6 speed on my NC, I wish all my bikes had a 6 speed transmission.

Reading through this thread there are a lot of good theories and any of them could be true. I think the difficult part is that the NC IS a "new concept" and thus the market and perhaps even Honda isn't quite sure what to do with it. It's not a full Adventure bike, but could be. It is right in the mix with bikes like the Yamaha FZ-09, but are they targeting the same market? Perhaps, but I'm dubious of that.

The great thing about the NC is that it can be a lot of things to a lot of people instead of being a niche bike. But if we all gave our own personal suggestions for improvements, we'd probably end up with at least 3-4 different bikes for the different kinds of riding we all do.

My suspicion is that Honda simply wants to put a bit more room between the CB500X and the NC so there is more differentiation for customers.

When I was at the dealer Saturday I spoke to a couple different sales people and the parts manager about a NC750. They have no knowledge of anything but that's not to say they aren't supposed to say anything. A couple of them made statements that they really wish the Crossrunner would be brought to the US. They thought it would happen last year and are really hoping it will this year.

That could be an answer to the FZ-09. It could also prevent the need to modify the NCX.

Wow, so much for a massive investment in R&D on the 700! In my view and having some experience within R&D (Not Honda) this is no more than a gimmick! The bike in my humble opinion will be the same with some new packaging and very minor tweaks. I understand this has only come about as the 700 is not selling as well as Honda thinks it would. These will no doubt be built in Spain or Thailand to save costs unlike the 700 that come straight from Japan. If its anything like the build quality of the Transalp 700 made in Spain then the new 750 will not last a single winter, at least here in the UK. I will stick to my 700 which is a lovely machine straight from the experts in Japan. I am not sure what the big complaints are about this announcement because as it stands our bikes will become much rarer and will demand a great second hand price like the original antique Jap bikes still being sold second hand at a fortune. This news is brilliant as far as I am concerned. I might probably buy a second one and keep for resale!!

I get a kick out of the perspective that the NC700 is "going away" because of the 750 announcement (or that current owners have been either orphaned or issued a winning lottery ticket). The displacement of the Honda Gold Wing is up 80%, the weight is up 43%, the cylinder count is up 50%, and the price is up 1,100% since its introduction 38 years ago.

Displacement creep is just Marketing 101. The "bigger hamburger". Nothing to see here.

When I was at the dealer Saturday I spoke to a couple different sales people and the parts manager about a NC750. They have no knowledge of anything but that's not to say they aren't supposed to say anything. A couple of them made statements that they really wish the Crossrunner would be brought to the US. They thought it would happen last year and are really hoping it will this year.

That could be an answer to the FZ-09. It could also prevent the need to modify the NCX.

At the moment I'm only referring to the UK and Europe. It may stay the same for longer in the USA.

When the NT650 Deauville went to the NT700 Deauville (actually 680cc, so a 30cc increase on the 650). The 30cc resulted in an extra 9bhp and an appropriate increase in torque. UK owners reported an increase in fuel consumption of about 5mpg compared to the original 650.

I have actually found the 700 to have a better consumption at the same speeds over the same route than my 650s

Honda is facing the Yamaha FZ-09, low price and way better performance, They have to answer a shot across the bow like that.

Way better performance? As in faster? Pretty much like all of the other motorcycles made? Or in MPG?.... another way to measure performance......

I think anyone attracted to the NCX will not be impressed by lower MPG and faster 1/4 mile times. Heck... that is what 90% of all motorcycles in the past were made for... nothing new there at all...

I don't dispute the FZ-09 looks like a great bike... but it isn't in the same category as the NCX... really nothing else is... it's new territory.. .or as Honda calls it "New Concept".

If you're impressed by the FZ-09, and not impressed by the NCX, then you are more of a mainstream motorcyclist. Nothing wrong with that... but the NCX is a new breed of motorcycle... it's not like all the other bikes.... You either are drawn to this new concept motorcycle or you're not.... but you really can't compare it to a bike that fits the mold of all the motorcycles in the past.

Admittedly I have kept my VFR so I can have that standard motorcycle experience. But I find myself making excuses to leave it at home, and ride off on the NCX these days. I still love my VFR, but I've ridden that type of motorcycle my whole life. The NCX is different... and I am enjoying exploring it's differences.

Attachments

• smileyconsider.jpg
    smileyconsider.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 400
I have no desire for any other bike be it fast as a bull on heat or with go faster stripes.
in a short while I've had my NCXDCT its the bike for me!!
how ever I would like to have a suzuki T500 two stroke as a companion for my X
this is my old bike,just wished I never sold it. regretted it ever since.
dsc00159.jpg

dsc00153a.jpg

Back