• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looks like the NC750 has been confirmed

I was planning to buy the nc700x this year, and then they come up with the nc750 for Europe first, and US some time later. 75 cc increase I think is a big increase. it might reduce gear changes and extend the life of your drive chain? I hope Honda brings the nc 750x to US soon i want the updated bike

I think 670 to 745 cc is enough to make a difference. I would suggest that an extra 75 cc will reduce gear changes and help with the life of your drive chain. I was ready to buy bike but not want updated edition. I do not like that they are presenting the new bike in Europe but selling the old bike in usa

I think 670 to 745 cc is enough to make a difference. I would suggest that an extra 75 cc will reduce gear changes and help with the life of your drive chain.

Think your logic maybe flawed....................your theory applied to other bikes.......is a 500cc bike will have a shorter chain life than a 700cc because you might have to shift a lower powered bike more???????????

I found out what they did to get the 75CC increase. They bored the cylinders 4mm thicker giving it a 77 x 80mm stroke, reprogrammed / mapped the fuel injection, and did something with the exhaust. They also increased the rev's, and gave it 10:7.1 compression. The new NC is "no slouch" anymore. As a result, they gave it 6% taller gearing allowing it to go faster. I have not seen anything giving concrete numbers on the fuel economy going up or down, but with a 10:7:1 I would be tempted to run higher octane fuel in it to lessen the chance of pre-detonation if they up'd the rev limit.

I really would like the added HP and new features of the HUD. (gear indicator, avg fuel economy) Depending on whether or not they sell the 2014 NC750X in the states, I might sell mine for one.

Last edited:
If this article is to be believed, the new motor will have around 12% more torque and 68mpg. HP increase would depend on whether you are comparing to the manual or auto 700 but 54hp is over a 10% increase.
The additional counter balancer should get rid of the vibrations some people complain about.
Improved acceleration and improved mpg sounds like a good move to me but I won't be running out to buy one for a while either.
2013 EICMA: 2014 Honda NC750X ? First Official Photos and Specs

If this article is to be believed, the new motor will have around 12% more torque and 68mpg. HP increase would depend on whether you are comparing to the manual or auto 700 but 54hp is over a 10% increase.
The additional counter balancer should get rid of the vibrations some people complain about.
Improved acceleration and improved mpg sounds like a good move to me but I won't be running out to buy one for a while either.
2013 EICMA: 2014 Honda NC750X ? First Official Photos and Specs

54 HP is less than a 6% (5.5555..%) increase over my 2013 manual NC700 (listed at 51 HP). I get 70mpg at 70mph on the Interstate and my overall average is 71.7 (on fuelly.com) so 68mpg average would be a decrease for me. A 3 HP increase is nothing and I wouldn't be interested in trading just because of the 'bigger is better' mentality.
I believe (my opinion)a reason Honda is not bringing the NC750 to US in 2014 is $$$. They would have to increase the price over the NC700 price and if they increase it by only $500, then they are pricing themselves into a different price tier of similar looking bikes with much more HP and speed; another reason, they may be seeing how well the nc750 sells in Europe. The NC750 cannot be ridden by beginner riders in Europe (very strict tier system) and only the upper tiered riders can legally ride (and in some cases purchase-yes some European countries only sell the bikes to properly licensed riders) and purchase the bike. Will the upper tiered riders purchase this bike or similar looking bikes with more HP and speed. Stay tuned for more future updates.....

I agree, davidc83. The NC750X is definitely not a big enough upgrade for current 700x owner trade in for. All the upgrades in engine performance and dashboard display are to position the NCX to compete better against others in the same segment.

What's intriguing is that, instead of tuning the engine for more HP, they decided to bump up the displacement to the next tier. I wonder if that's to reflect what Honda is seeing with NCX buyers where more seasoned and older riders, instead of newer/younger, are buying the NCX. So the 750 displacement and going up to the next tier would have little impact on sale.

In the end, anything and everything they do is to increase sales and grab market share, right?

In the end, anything and everything they do is to increase sales and grab market share, right?

My sentiments exactly.

Am I very happy with my 700X? You betcha! :D

Would trade for the 750? Maybe if it wasn't a hassle, No if it was too much hassle. (money/time to swap farkles, etc.)

If I were given the choice from one over the other, I probably would pick the 750 over the 700, but only for it's ancilliary changes, not the actual displacement difference.

I just saw in the 750X user manual that the Valve Clearance inspection is every 24000km not every 12000km like the 700X.

I think I will be doing my valve clearance check sooner rather than later. I have been hearing a slight ticking, nothing to be worried about but I am very meticulous when it comes to these sorta things. I will of course post a video when I do it. I do apologize if you are leaving me comments on my youtube channel and I have not responded. Due to google+ forcing their crap on us, I haven't signed up for it yet thus I get no more notifications. I keep saying I will likely trade up to the 750, but I will give it time. Best part of it, is I have time. I got a good deal on my NC, and it doesn't have many miles on it so the value is still there if I decide to sell it.

I posted a recent vlog up on the channel, so that will have to do as the snow is almost 12 inches deep here.

I saw the NC750X in the flesh today at a Bike show in the United Kingdom, I took a photo of the specification that was on display with the bike.

The 81mpg (UK gallons) is certainly an improvement.

NC750Xspec_zps0438ee6b.jpg

I read on another forum that the reason we're not getting the new engine is because of the EPA & CARB emission testing that has to be done before they can sell it over here. It is a time consuming process required by our wonderful bureaucrats in D.C. So if they get all the testing done, we might see the 750 for the 2015 model year.

Back