• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lower deflectors

Skidchowder

Reaction score
Visit site
So I tried my hand at making my own lower wind deflectors... they work well at keeping the wind off my shins...but where they really did something is eliminate buffeting almost completely. I don't know why they work at this but I tried them on and off and on again and the difference is incredible.

Attachments

• 20220905_113931.jpg
    20220905_113931.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 172
  • 20220905_113922.jpg
    20220905_113922.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 165
So I tried my hand at making my own lower wind deflectors... they work well at keeping the wind off my shins...but where they really did something is eliminate buffeting almost completely. I don't know why they work at this but I tried them on and off and on again and the difference is incredible.
Good work! Where did you come up with the clamps attaching the plastic shield to the crash bar?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-121327_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-121327_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 21
Nicely done! I've thought about doing something similar for the cold months.

And for LanceK, I'm assuming he means the bike buffeting one gets in windy conditions or dealing with jetwash from semis.

Nicely done! I've thought about doing something similar for the cold months.

And for LanceK, I'm assuming he means the bike buffeting one gets in windy conditions or dealing with jetwash from semis.
They actually make it so there is way less buffeting near my helmet... took them off...reinstalled and they really do work.

I like comfort. If I'm comfier, I ride more.

Sooo... I decided to extend my Givi tall screen by 3 1/2 inches. I decided to utilize my original Honda screen. I cut off the area below the center vent hole and bolted it to my Givi tall screen VIA stainless bolts with rubber spacers as pictured. I also fabricated lowers from an aluminum angle, stainless rivets, 18'x4" Lexan clear plastic and held it in place with stainless hose clamps. I added 4 extra "L" rests as the plastic lowers were bending a bit too much for my liking. I took my bike out and the lowers kept my legs warm and the taller screen kept the wind off my face. Overall, I'm very happy with everything. I can remove the lowers in less than 4 minutes with nothing more than a screw driver in the summer months. Thoughts?

Attachments

• DSC02361.JPG
    DSC02361.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 38
  • DSC02363.JPG
    DSC02363.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 32
  • DSC02364.JPG
    DSC02364.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 39
  • DSC02368.JPG
    DSC02368.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC02366.JPG
    DSC02366.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC02369.JPG
    DSC02369.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 41
Extra large windshields on early bikes could pull out the well nut fasteners that secure the windshield to the bike. Windshield striking the face or upper body could occur. Does the 2021-23s use the same method to secure the OEM shield to the bike? That’s my only thought.

I’ve often thought of additional wind protection for the lower body and legs. Your attempt looks as good as any.

Last edited:
Yes the 21 uses those rubber cushioned well nuts

XLvgHcOh.jpg

ShjV0MWh.jpg

72K50hxh.jpg

I looked at the responses and I was a bit pissed, but then my clockwork began to grind a bit. Yesterday I went to my Honda dealer, a nice 175 mile round trip to get my bikes first "service". They screwed up so bad I will not be going back there again. The mechanic didn't even bother to replace the DCT filter, never even bothered to look up the specs. After I complained to the head honcho in charge of the service department, he likewise was clueless. So I paid and left, never to return.

Anyway.... I kept thinking about the comments and you guys were right. The added extension works wonderfully well but it does look fugly (function over form). I was also thinking about the added stress on the lower Givi shield bolts. I arrived home, took off the "custom" butcher job I added and tossed it into the garbage, problem solved. I plugged the four 1/8" holes with epoxy and had a good laugh. The lowers are too awesome to do away with. Most think its OEM or don't even notice them. When cooler weather falls below 70 degrees I'll snap them on. This forum did its job, information/feedback well received. Thanks

I like the lowers idea, but now my gears are turning: on my GL1200 I had adjustable wings on the lower fairing. I could direct the airflow out, or move and pull air in on my legs. Of course, behind all the tupperware that was really nice. I'm wondering if adjustability on the NC would be useful or too much Rube Goldberg for little affect? I'll have to save the next large shipping box for some CAD work. :)

Back