• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering pegs - comparison

2wheeledJim

Reaction score
Visit site
I am just 6" and I'm eager to improve the ergos of my newly acquired NC700X 2013 with lowering pegs.

Here are the stock pegs. Note: the rider can have the insides of their feet virtually touching the bike.
photo1646756234.jpeg

Some people complain that with some designs of lowering pegs it forces your feet further out from the bike. This can mean you have to tilt your toes in to reach the shifter or rear brake pedal. Example:
photo1646786027.jpeg

The Frank Design pegs (below) are the only ones I've found which lower your pegs with minimal lateral change in foot position. However, the FD ones don't let you adjust the peg forward slightly, as in the picture above. The FD ones are also the most expensive.
1646785346819.png
Does anyone have any thoughts or experience on how much this change in lateral foot position matters? Is it likely to annoy me or should I just get the cheaper, adjustable ones?

Last edited:
I have been using the 40mm drop lowering pegs from Amazon for the past 4k+ miles. No complaints. If you like to get sporty in the twisties you will drag the pedal occasionally. Not a big deal just keep your toes up. I am 6’2”

I have been using the 40mm drop lowering pegs from Amazon for the past 4k+ miles. No complaints. If you like to get sporty in the twisties you will drag the pedal occasionally. Not a big deal just keep your toes up. I am 6’2”
Do you have ones like these?
1646827205563.png
Did you just adjust the brake lever and shifter and that was fine?

Same pegs. You will have to adjust the brake at least, other wise you may inadvertently drag the rear brake while riding. I have a DCT so there was no shifter to adjust on my bike . The shifter is splined and adjustable. Just be sure to completely remove the pinch bolt before trying to get the shift lever off. There are videos about how to adjust both on Youtube.

Same pegs. You will have to adjust the brake at least, other wise you may inadvertently drag the rear brake while riding. I have a DCT so there was no shifter to adjust on my bike . The shifter is splined and adjustable. Just be sure to completely remove the pinch bolt before trying to get the shift lever off. There are videos about how to adjust both on Youtube.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

My main concern was that if I get pegs like these my feet would be further out and accessing the levers would be more annoying. Even after the lever has been adjusted in an up-down direction, there's no easy adjustment in the inside-outside direction.

Anyway sounds like this isn't a big deal for you. Cheers!

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

My main concern was that if I get pegs like these my feet would be further out and accessing the levers would be more annoying. Even after the lever has been adjusted in an up-down direction, there's no easy adjustment in the inside-outside direction.

Anyway sounds like this isn't a big deal for you. Cheers!
It did make the foot brake a little more inconvenient, by having to twist my foot inward a couple more degrees to activate the brake. I got use to it. ( Since I have DCT, later on I replaced the foot brake with a hand brake master cylinder on the left handlebar.)

Back