• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alert Madstad 2021 development

TNHoosier

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The corner of Walk and Don't Walk somewhere on A1A
Visit site
I sent an email to Madstad to see if they were working on a model for the 2021 NC750X. They have not been able to get a 2021 to measure. Here is an opportunity for a Central Florida 2021 owner to get a free Madstad system. Here is the email I got from Madstad:

"
Thank you for contacting MadStad.

We would love to build a windshield system for the 2021 NC750Xbut we haven't had a
chance to get our hands on one.

If you happen to live in Central Florida, please let me know.

We have worked with customers in the past - they lend us their bike, we design and
build a system for it, they keep the system (no charge) and we only ask for their
feedback on the system and how it works.

Thanks, Dan

MadStad Engineering

(352) 848-3646
madstad.com/pages/faq"

FYI,

They will do this for 2 or 3 hours of someone's time. Late in 2015 a similar request was made and I rode the 180 miles are so down to Madstad's place in Brooksville the next day and they used my bike as prototype for the second generation NC700X windshield.

Windshield for the 2021 has been released. Going to take measurements and order one in the morning. Has anyone purchased one and how are you liking it?

Hopefully it will arrive soon. I guess things might be slowed down due to holiday shopping.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon. Went with the 20” after following the measurement directions on their website. Can’t wait for it to arrive. They said 6 business days for me. Really hope the buffeting and noise can be eliminated with the Madstad. I already bought the OEM tall windscreen and added a little visor on top. Things are a lot better than the stock windscreen but they’re not perfect and the visor kind of bounces around.

I’ll move over to the other thread now. Saw that you had purchased the Givi previously.

It’ll be an early Christmas when the Madstad arrives. Cheers! Can’t wait!

Hopefully it will arrive soon. I guess things might be slowed down due to holiday shopping.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon. Went with the 20” after following the measurement directions on their website. Can’t wait for it to arrive. They said 6 business days for me. Really hope the buffeting and noise can be eliminated with the Madstad. I already bought the OEM tall windscreen and added a little visor on top. Things are a lot better than the stock windscreen but they’re not perfect and the visor kind of bounces around.

I’ll move over to the other thread now. Saw that you had purchased the Givi previously.

It’ll be an early Christmas when the Madstad arrives. Cheers! Can’t wait!
Same here...waiting for mine to arrive this week! I'm 5'9" so I got the 18". Fingers crossed that it was the right move!!

UPS notified me this morning that the windshield would be arriving this afternoon, a day earlier than expected. I quickly watched the installation video again and removed the old windshield, side panels and brackets.

The windshield arrived a couple of hours later and I installed it without incident. Wasn’t sure what to do with the rubber washers or the locking washers. So I left them out and affixed the windshield and extensions with just the plastic washers. Fortunately everything came together without incident. I raised the windshield up to the highest position and adjusted the rake a bit.

I headed out for a test ride. I had high expectations after hearing all of the good things people had to say. So I decided to skip the earplugs which I never really do. Got out onto the road. 30 mph no issues. No surprises. Starting rolling on as I exited my neighborhood. Before I knew it, I was up to 60 mph with NO BUFFETING! No helmet vibration! Was this a dream? I continued on my usual local loop and it was perfect. I felt more connected to the bike and in control without having my head bobbing around on the wind. It is such a good feeling to know I could ride in comfort. I finally have the bike setup right for me.

I headed back on the interstate and got the NC up to 85 mph. In a word: perfect. I can definitely cruise at Highway speeds now. One caveat is that there was no wind today. But I could feel that the wind was over my helmet. Yet I was still looking over the windshield instead of through it!

So initial inpressions: problems solved! No more helmet buffeting or turbulence. Wind is over the helmet and doesn’t sneak around the sides of the windshield. And I can still see we’ll over the windshield while riding. This windshield is worth every penny. I feel like buying another just in case. Really amazed with the design. It puts the OEM tall windshield to shame.

One little nit is I can’t fully lock the handlebars to the left because there’s a bolt on the brake that just grazes the top right of the side extension. Should be easy to fix by cutting out a little chunk from the extension and sanding it smooth.

Anyway I’m ecstatic about this. I can finally take the NC out for some long trips. I would love to hear about everyone else’s experience with the installation and ride. All the best!

UPS notified me this morning that the windshield would be arriving this afternoon, a day earlier than expected. I quickly watched the installation video again and removed the old windshield, side panels and brackets.

The windshield arrived a couple of hours later and I installed it without incident. Wasn’t sure what to do with the rubber washers or the locking washers. So I left them out and affixed the windshield and extensions with just the plastic washers. Fortunately everything came together without incident. I raised the windshield up to the highest position and adjusted the rake a bit.

I headed out for a test ride. I had high expectations after hearing all of the good things people had to say. So I decided to skip the earplugs which I never really do. Got out onto the road. 30 mph no issues. No surprises. Starting rolling on as I exited my neighborhood. Before I knew it, I was up to 60 mph with NO BUFFETING! No helmet vibration! Was this a dream? I continued on my usual local loop and it was perfect. I felt more connected to the bike and in control without having my head bobbing around on the wind. It is such a good feeling to know I could ride in comfort. I finally have the bike setup right for me.

I headed back on the interstate and got the NC up to 85 mph. In a word: perfect. I can definitely cruise at Highway speeds now. One caveat is that there was no wind today. But I could feel that the wind was over my helmet. Yet I was still looking over the windshield instead of through it!

So initial inpressions: problems solved! No more helmet buffeting or turbulence. Wind is over the helmet and doesn’t sneak around the sides of the windshield. And I can still see we’ll over the windshield while riding. This windshield is worth every penny. I feel like buying another just in case. Really amazed with the design. It puts the OEM tall windshield to shame.

One little nit is I can’t fully lock the handlebars to the left because there’s a bolt on the brake that just grazes the top right of the side extension. Should be easy to fix by cutting out a little chunk from the extension and sanding it smooth.

Anyway I’m ecstatic about this. I can finally take the NC out for some long trips. I would love to hear about everyone else’s experience with the installation and ride. All the best!
Thanks for this. Can you send pics?

Pics or it didn't happen!

Thanks for the posting of your experience, posting of the Madstad video and the pictures of the windshield on your 2021 NC. Very nice!
Now I understand better what the Ferrret meant when he said "I had no idea you had to take so much of the bike apart to install it", still cruising on the highway without buffeting and wind noise is so tempting.
Again, thanks for sharing.

That's awesome news! I hope my experience is just as good. Btw, what did you use to cut out the little chunk?

Was a light tint recommended by Madstad?
When I ordered mine, Madstad suggested going with at least the minimum light tint to stop refraction of the LED headlight in the windscreen.
I also noticed no frosting at the bottom of the windscreen, also recommended by them to diffuse the headlights refraction through the screen.

Back