• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alert Madstad 2021 development

That's awesome news! I hope my experience is just as good. Btw, what did you use to cut out the little chunk?
I haven’t cut out the chunk yet but I have a steel saw with fine teeth, like a plummer saw, that I think will work on acrylic. I’ll make sure I’ve installed the deflector correctly before cutting—maybe I missed something. Seems weird that they wouldn’t have noticed this when designing the piece.

Was a light tint recommended by Madstad?
When I ordered mine, Madstad suggested going with at least the minimum light tint to stop refraction of the LED headlight in the windscreen.
I also noticed no frosting at the bottom of the windscreen, also recommended by them to diffuse the headlights refraction through the screen.
I didn’t speak with anyone before ordering. And I didn’t see frosting as an option on their website. They just had clear, light and dark.

But you’re right about the refraction. I noticed on my test ride that the orange light from the signal does travel all the way up the windshield’s edge. I was riding near dusk. Wasn’t really a problem, at least on my short test ride, but a darker shield might mitigate that. We’ll see if it becomes a problem on a longer ride.

I didn’t speak with anyone before ordering. And I didn’t see frosting as an option on their website. They just had clear, light and dark.

But you’re right about the refraction. I noticed on my test ride that the orange light from the signal does travel all the way up the windshield’s edge. I was riding near dusk. Wasn’t really a problem, at least on my short test ride, but a darker shield might mitigate that. We’ll see if it becomes a problem on a longer ride.
You could always try a piece of black electrical tape on the to pof the turn signal. Otoh it may help you not leave the ts on while riding.

Can you tell if the side deflectors reduce the amount of wind on your hands? I am curious if they would replace/reduce the need for hand guards.
I did notice less wind on the gloves but not sure how it compares with hand guards. I think Madstad did design the windshield with the possibility of hand guards in mind so I don’t think the deflectors are a replacement.

Was wondering how tall you are and which shield size you got. Blair recommend the 18 inch but I’m kind of in between the 18 and the 20. I’d like to keep the shield as low as possible on the bracket for appearance sake. Is yours in the highest position in the pictures?

Previous Madstad (different bike) with frosting .... I just don't like the looks.
I prefer a light smoke basically for sunny/daytime glare reduction.

The video is a good one for newbies about how to take off panels.
I would offer a further tip ... on tracking what fasteners go where, they
look similar but are different lengths, got me when doing big electric
install ... had to play around with them to go back on correctly.

Was wondering how tall you are and which shield size you got. Blair recommend the 18 inch but I’m kind of in between the 18 and the 20. I’d like to keep the shield as low as possible on the bracket for appearance sake. Is yours in the highest position in the pictures?
I’m 5’11” and bought the 20”. I think my measurement from the tank to my chin was 17.5”. Adding 4” made 21.5” so I rounded down. Kind of glad I did because i think the 22” would have been too tall for me.

The picture shows the windshield in the highest position. The highest position just seemed right when I first installed it so I took my first test ride like that. And it was pretty much perfect. But will play around with the height and angle tomorrow morning on a longer ride. I imagine that in summer I might want more air, just so long as there’s no turbulence or buffeting.

Previous Madstad (different bike) with frosting .... I just don't like the looks.
I prefer a light smoke basically for sunny/daytime glare reduction.

The video is a good one for newbies about how to take off panels.
I would offer a further tip ... on tracking what fasteners go where, they
look similar but are different lengths, got me when doing big electric
install ... had to play around with them to go back on correctly.
Totally agree about keeping track of everything while disassembling. When I installed the USB port I put all the screws and snaps in one cup. It was pretty confusing to sort it all out. The instructions and a YouTube video helped a lot.

I got my Madstad screen! I'm 5'9" and got the 18" clear one. I had one on my previously-owned '16 NC700x but wasn't that thrilled with it. This one is much better! It is closer to the bike so it looks like it's made for it and more form-fitting. No frosting on the bottom. The only problem was that my brake lever hit - about a half inch - no matter what position I put it in. I also rotated my handlebars a bit towards me to see if that would help but it didn't. I then called Madstad & explained the situation and they are sending a new one that is shaved just a bit to accommodate that. Excellent customer service; however, you'd think this would have been noticed in the planning stage. I did take it out for a short ride before calling Madstad and from what I could tell, it helps tremendously with buffeting AND the wind noise. This new iteration is so much better than the one I had on my 2016. It looks beautiful and the polishing on the edges is well-done. Also, love the cross-bar...that will def come in handy! Looking forward to getting the new one. I'll take pics when I have the new one installed. Oh, and btw, they didn't make me take all the body parts off for the replacement. I have to say again that their Customer Service is top-notch!!!

Just got the newer, revised Madstad screen. Here's a couple of pics of the the old one next to the new one. I can now turn the handlebar full-lock in both positions without any interference. The screen is all the way up and the rake angle slightly angled towards me, almost at the 60% rake angle they suggest. There is now about 3/8" space between the brake lever and this new screen. Thanks Madstad!

Attachments

• 20211213_123911.jpg
    20211213_123911.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20211213_123920.jpg
    20211213_123920.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
2021 OEM Windscreen $120 shipped by air from Europe.
from Europe ... Inpreda ... turkey/czech

Its about 7 inches taller than the stock windshield. I am 5'7" with boots on , inseam 30".
It sits right at my nose. IMO, very good to excellent. A little air around the side at shoulder
which is just fine, slight tapping on the helmet. Will place small deflector on top. I ordered
smoked, this is about a medium smoke , I prefer a light smoke but its a keeper. I have TrackGear
? hand guards , no problem. Had to slightly move mirror extenders for full lock to lock.

UPDATE: Not many miles, but testing confirms , this MC/Configuration is the best since
my old BMW 60/6 with the Windjammer knockoff. Haven't decide if I will cut the new
windshield lower and use the small deflector or leave just the windshield, need more riding
time.

Much better than the Madstad on 2012 CTX. The new Madstad for 2021 nc750x
'appears' to be a much tighter better design than previous ones.

I installed a MadStad windshield yesterday on my 2022 NC750X manual. It is the 18-inch, light-tint version. I haven't taken a test ride, yet.

Have any of you installed the side deflectors on a 21/22 manual model? Mine has interference with the clutch wires (see the attached photo). I don't see any way of adjusting the left-hand-side grip to solve the issue and they stick down too far to trim the deflector to allow them to pass.

I have an email to MadStad support and am awaiting their reply. In the meantime, I thought I'd tap the hive knowledge.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Cheers,
Wayne.

Attachments

• DSC00414.JPG
    DSC00414.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 19
I installed a MadStad windshield yesterday on my 2022 NC750X manual. It is the 18-inch, light-tint version. I haven't taken a test ride, yet.

Have any of you installed the side deflectors on a 21/22 manual model? Mine has interference with the clutch wires (see the attached photo). I don't see any way of adjusting the left-hand-side grip to solve the issue and they stick down too far to trim the deflector to allow them to pass.

I have an email to MadStad support and am awaiting their reply. In the meantime, I thought I'd tap the hive knowledge.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Cheers,
Wayne.
Yes my right deflector was interfering with the bottom bolt on the brake caliper. I emailed Madstad and they sent me two smaller deflectors. I just changed out the right side because the left was fine. (I have the DCT.) My 20”
windshield also prevents me from turning lock to lock because the mirror posts touch the windshield. But I put up with that due to the excellent wind protection.

I had actually emailed them to get the 22” windshield because my 20” seemed to short. So they sent me the new windshield for $60 and threw in the new deflectors for free. The 22” wasn’t as wide and didn’t perform as well as the 20” so I don’t use it. But I think they updated the design because it doesn’t interfere with the mirrors.

Attachments

• 609B3D74-D32A-4929-B46A-9633DC769EA8.jpeg
    609B3D74-D32A-4929-B46A-9633DC769EA8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Thanks for your response.

The brake side clears the side deflector just fine. It's the clutch side that is the issue. The connectors for the wires coming off the clutch stick down so far that I don't see how the side deflector shape could be altered enough to correct the problem.

I'm still waiting for a response from MadStad. In the meantime, I'll have to remove the side deflectors to keep from damaging the wiring on the clutch.

Cheers,
Wayne.

Because of all of the positive opinions on Madstad screens, this is probably anecdotal. An owner posted a concern about a weld failure on a Madstad screen mounting system for a 21 750X.

This linked Facebook post is apparently not accessible by the general public. All I get is a page suggesting that I log in or create a new account on Facebook.

This linked Facebook post is apparently not accessible by the general public. All I get is a page suggesting that I log in or create a new account on Facebook.
Don’t know what to tell you other than follow the guidance offered by Facebook.

Don’t know what to tell you other than follow the guidance offered by Facebook.
I guess I’ll just have to miss out. Perhaps someone here will quote or paraphrase the Madstad weld failure story for those without Facebook accounts.

Back