• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad installed and working well!!

BudK

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the Madstad came well packed with all parts included! The install was straight forward and I am very impressed with the product quality and engineering!
One nice touch; Madstad bags nuts/bolts/washers in different colored bags that match colored instructions!

I have ridden two rides on different days at speeds around 65 with highest 80 mph (speed limit 50!!) The shield has cut my wind noise by at least 50%. The adjustments make subtle differences. So far, I find that a 55 degree rake and shield up to about my nose level, has given the best results.

The barkbusters do not touch the screen at full lock. I have RoxRiser 2" mounted also. Didn't have to move brake line mount!!

One big difference is the side deflectors; they direct air down onto my boots just at the ankle. This is fine since the only engine heat I have ever experienced has been on my lower legs. I will try removing them to see what that does. The flow is not that much and may well be a blessing here in AZ next summer!

I am 5'10" and wear a Nolan 104 helmet with a N-com communicator. I hear music from the Zumo via Bluetooth better than ever now! I do use ear plugs!

If you are having trouble with finding a windshield that suits you, give Madstad a try... their return policy and customer service is first rate.

Thanks to all Madstad owners that posted up info and their experiences.. they really helped!

BudKIMG_0623.jpgIMG_0624.jpg

Just pulled mine out of the box. I am impressed with the how well they are packed and the instructions.
Will be installing it along with Givi engine guard bars,plx racks,v35bags and monokey top box tomorrow
morning. Have oxford heated grips,hand guards and plug for my heated vest coming.

What windshield did you have prior to the Madstad? I'm just trying to find a point of reference for your "cut noise by 50%" comment. :)

Congrats, I love my madstad also. I just need to paint the part by the headlight black so it doesn't reflect that light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats, I love my madstad also. I just need to paint the part by the headlight black so it doesn't reflect that light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought that too but I never did. The reflection is still there but I don't notice it.

I thought that too but I never did. The reflection is still there but I don't notice it.

Likewise, dd. I supose it would be bothersome at night..haven't tried that yet.

dd, on your cover that you made for the gap under the windscreen that leads back to the speedo housing... Is the cover attached to the windscreen mounting bolts under the Madstad??? Or how?
Also, has this made any great difference in airflow/turbulence and such??

BudK

What windshield did you have prior to the Madstad? I'm just trying to find a point of reference for your "cut noise by 50%" comment. :)

I had a GIVI and a Cee Baily 22" which was good except for too much air flow/turbulence around the sides..

My comment about cutting noise by 50% would be more accurate by saying that it "cut noise AND TURBULENCE by 50%..

BudK

Likewise, dd. I supose it would be bothersome at night..haven't tried that yet.

dd, on your cover that you made for the gap under the windscreen that leads back to the speedo housing... Is the cover attached to the windscreen mounting bolts under the Madstad??? Or how?
Also, has this made any great difference in airflow/turbulence and such??

BudK
The flyscreen has holes that correspond with the OEM screen mounting holes and is underneath the Madstad brackets. I can't remember what the airflow and turbulence were like without the flyscreen. The first ride with the Madstad was so amazing compared to stock. The mod was fabricated mostly to clean up the appearance and protect the back of the instrument pod.

While looking over the Madstad site I see six options for tint. Would "Light Gray" or "Bronze Smoke" be the closest thing to the "light smoke" option offered by Puig? I know there are people out there that have switched between the two brands. I'm seriously thinking about the swap. Thanks in advance.

While looking over the Madstad site I see six options for tint. Would "Light Gray" or "Bronze Smoke" be the closest thing to the "light smoke" option offered by Puig? I know there are people out there that have switched between the two brands. I'm seriously thinking about the swap. Thanks in advance.

If you like your windscreen you have now but would like to be able to adjust it you might try a palmer bracket. I use one on a vstream myself, but I think it would make any sreen better.

Ordered a 20" in light grey this week. In 9 years over 4 bikes I have never found a windshield that I liked better than no windshield or at best a small fly screen. Hope springs eternal!

I just got a 22" madstad in bronze smoke and its good screen , however I think its HUGE...I ordered a Zero Gravity also, and I may sell/send it back the madstad

I had Madstads on both of my VStroms (650 and 1000) back when he was just getting started. They were about $89 for the brackets, and as I recall I just used the stock screen. Loved them. Made touring a real pleasure.

When I checked on Madstad for my new nc700x, I was shocked that the price for my height was $289 plus around $52 for shipping. Wow ... total of $340!!! Am I missing something or is that really the price?

Anyway, I got a puig and the puig clip on, and it works pretty well, and it looks reasonable. The Madstad, IMO, ruins the looks of a really good looking bike.

Yes, that is the price. Yes, it's worth it. Yes, it's not a looker. Function over form does describe the Madstad.

Back