• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad vs. Cee Bailey windshield

No matter which one you pick, when you get a big shield get the HondaPro shield mounting plates... I can't believe Honda uses "push in" rubber friction mounts for the windscreen...

I use a MadStad... 22". I am about 6'1. I have no opinion on the Cee Bailey one at all, or VStream. I previously had the Givi Touring one and it was awful for my height.

I have only used it for about 10 hours of riding time so far... but I have to say it is fantastic. No buffetting at all, greatly decreased wind noise an I can ride at near highway speeds with my visor open. My helmet is known to be loud (Bell Revolver Evo), so take the wind noise comment accordingly.

In my opinion, changing the adjustability is not the question... *setting* the optimal position is. The benefit of the MadStad (and others that can adjust?) is that you can dial it in to your riding position, height, etc. I don't think I will change mine once I get it set to where I want it. I am very close to that point now and only playing with very small changes now. It is amazing how such small incremental changes make a difference.

The MadStad comes with mounting hardware that mounts from the back and are quite secure. I don't know about Dale's mounting plates - they may be needed for other manufacturers which should be factored into the cost.

Mine is medium gray... I really like it.
sxwGF0M.jpg

No matter which one you pick, when you get a big shield get the HondaPro shield mounting plates... I can't believe Honda uses "push in" rubber friction mounts for the windscreen...
Google search for "HondaPro shield mounting plates" didn't give me anything... You have any link, image, source...? Thanks.

In my opinion, changing the adjustability is not the question... *setting* the optimal position is. The benefit of the MadStad (and others that can adjust?) is that you can dial it in to your riding position, height, etc. I don't think I will change mine once I get it set to where I want it. [/IMG]
Yes, you're right. The "fine tuning". I got it. Very good point, I didn't think about it...

SleepyC is dead on, I have the Cee Bailey 22" and it was great until it was in my lap..... Dale's Nut Plate to the rescue! And all was well :)

Honda only used the well-nuts for the small stock screen. The Honda accessory touring screen came with Honda's version of the nut plates.

There are still aftermarket screens being sold with out fasteners and yes the original Honda well-nuts are not adequate for any larger screen or brackets.

Last edited:
I need a windshield for long touring. Right now I have two options
1) MadSTad Adjustable Windshield for $279.95
2) Cee Bailey's NC700x Windshield for $139.95

For those that have adjustable touring windshield - how often they adjust? Is it really worth paying double?
Cee Bailey windshields are good too.

Opinions?

I adjust my Madstad twice a year. In the fall when it gets cold I raise it up and out to block more wind. In the spring when I am too warm I lower and fold it in for more circulation. I think of it as my four season windshield...good luck finding the best match for your needs :)

For the money, the Madstad gives you not only adjustability, but you have cleaner air behind the screen at a lower height setting. The air coming up behind the screen meets the main flow at the top and takes it over your head. Vacuum behind the screen is reduced so there is less buffeting. I'm not totally familiar with the Cee Bailey so I don't know if It implements this feature a little, or at all. Most OEM fairings have a slot or vent in or below the screen that reduces vacuum, but the Madstad takes it a step further.

IMG_0121.jpg

Last edited:
The additional side plates that is part of the Madstad package help control air flow and result in a quieter ride. It has been the best windshield so far for my NC700X (I've tried 3 or 4!) but it's still far behind a bike with a fairing and integral windshield...and it looks goofy! :)

...The air coming up behind the screen meets the main flow at the top and takes it over your head. Vacuum behind the screen is reduced so there is less buffeting...

Interestingly, I was at a Honda ride day at the local dealership and noticed that the CBR500X has cutouts/holes in its windscreen... likely for this exact reason. I wonder if they will be putting this into the other model's screens?

Also, the screen itself is raised up off the fairly similar to the MadStad.

VlkLLdU.jpg

Anyone with givi touring screen made some holes to descrease buffeting??

Enviado do meu E5823 através de Tapatalk

I wonder if they will be putting this into the other model's screens?

Also, the screen itself is raised up off the fairly similar to the MadStad

The ST1300 has had a large space or vent for years and even the NC Honda touring screen has a fairly large gap to allow air to pass. The ST pass so much air flow you get a large number of dead bugs on both side of the screen and many on the dash cover.

Think many screens with cut outs, vents or adjustment louvers were for rider comfort and allow cooling air flow on hot days.

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone with givi touring screen made some holes to descrease buffeting??

Enviado do meu E5823 através de Tapatalk

One forum member, Beemerphile, cut his Givi screen down shorter to try to reduce the noise. I don't know how much it was improved. He then scrapped it and got a Madstad.

Back