• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad Windshield Installed

TrailtrekerNJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a break in the weather, sunny and upper 50's in NE PA, was able to install new Madstad Windshield.
Included instructions were okay, but did have to view a YouTube video to help in removing all the associated body work.
Made sure to label all removed screws and push pins. Lost 2 pushpins by pushing to hard and center pin shot out and disappeared.
Took my time, completed install in about three hours.
In picture, I outlined edges of both windshields with blue painters tape to be able to see size differences.
Included was a cross bar, to which I will attach my GPS and two side "wing" air deflectors.

Attachments

• Madstad Windshield.jpg
    Madstad Windshield.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44

denstl

Reaction score
Visit site
That is not too bad for the install given all you have to remove to install it. I am sure it would probably take me twice as long. I do like the idea of being able to adjust it. And I also really like the idea of getting the cross bar. I am using a Ram mount for my iPhone now and it kind of blocks the screen enough that I can't quite see the left turn signal indicator. I already ride to far with the blinker on. I just need to adjust the angle a bit I think. Did you get to go for a ride and confirm that it's a huge improvement?

TrailtrekerNJ

Reaction score
Visit site
That is not too bad for the install given all you have to remove to install it. I am sure it would probably take me twice as long. I do like the idea of being able to adjust it. And I also really like the idea of getting the cross bar. I am using a Ram mount for my iPhone now and it kind of blocks the screen enough that I can't quite see the left turn signal indicator. I already ride to far with the blinker on. I just need to adjust the angle a bit I think. Did you get to go for a ride and confirm that it's a huge improvement?
No ride yet to figure out the correct adjustments for height / angle. Temps dropped to much for me to work in an unheated garage :).
I actually still the top center plastic off, to finish connecting wires for GPS, Battery Tender & heated jacket to the battery.

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you post up a pic of your mounting setup for your iphone? I'm still trying to decide whether to stay with the dedicated GPS I installed or go with an iphone set up (X grip?)