• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Man, THIS is UGLY!!!!!!!!!

everything is grey, dark silver, or black for cars (inside and out) these days. I think it has way more to do with cost (and manufacturing efficiency) than customer choice. If you're willing to spend for the premium and up cars and trim levels, you can get a whole palette of colors (inside and out). I remember (fondly) the days when you could order your car mostly the way you wanted it. Not any more.

Well,
The saga continues. It's very close to an end. While out on a 330 mile ride today in lower AZ, I got a call from the powder coating facility that was doing my wheels and the young lady told me my wheels and protection bar was DONE! Yahoooooo! I told her I'd be in as soon as I got back to town. I finished up my run and headed over to their facility. WOW!!!!!!!! I am seriously impressed! I pictured how they would turn out but this surpasses my expectations. I'm totally jazzed. It's hard to see the gloss in the photos but trust me, those things are seriously SHINY! And while some of your "BLACK" fans might not appreciate the color, I myself think they look far, far better than being black. Not only where they black but, they were also quite dull in the finish. So, no matter what approach I took to make them look nice, they were still, dull black wheels, ugh!!!!!!!

Now, to assemble them and fit my new Shinko 705 series tires on them without chipping them. Hmmmmm. Cover me, I'm going in!
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_6942.JPG
    IMG_6942.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5727.JPG
    IMG_5727.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5728.JPG
    IMG_5728.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6945.JPG
    IMG_6945.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5729.JPG
    IMG_5729.JPG
    869.7 KB · Views: 27
Looks very nice, indeed! I think that once I‘ve chosen the bike that I like that overall works for me, the most exciting modification is to make it the color I want. You have gone all out on the effort to customize yours. I look forward to seeing the assembled, finished product.

Well,
The saga continues. It's very close to an end. While out on a 330 mile ride today in lower AZ, I got a call from the powder coating facility that was doing my wheels and the young lady told me my wheels and protection bar was DONE! Yahoooooo! I told her I'd be in as soon as I got back to town. I finished up my run and headed over to their facility. WOW!!!!!!!! I am seriously impressed! I pictured how they would turn out but this surpasses my expectations. I'm totally jazzed. It's hard to see the gloss in the photos but trust me, those things are seriously SHINY! And while some of your "BLACK" fans might not appreciate the color, I myself think they look far, far better than being black. Not only where they black but, they were also quite dull in the finish. So, no matter what approach I took to make them look nice, they were still, dull black wheels, ugh!!!!!!!

Now, to assemble them and fit my new Shinko 705 series tires on them without chipping them. Hmmmmm. Cover me, I'm going in!
Scott
Looks very nice. I hope that first chip or scratch isn’t too traumatic :)

Hey gang,
I thank you all for the nice comments. I know it's gonna happen, that first chip. It's pretty tough to keep things like motorcycle rims pristine. Hopefully, It will all be assembled and totally back together today. Will keep you informed.
Scott

Last edited:
Back