• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Manifold tube wrap

Can we have some pics of the bike from further away, I think your flash is making it look silver.

I too would like to have the pipes all black, won't high temperature stove spray paint do the job too?

Sure, I'll try to post some different pictures.
The wrap is somewhat grey...not quite black as they said in the description.

I just can't understand why some feel the the need to put pointless bits
The main word here is "pointless"

just wasting hard earned cash on something that will not do a halfpence good and would be better spent on something that will improve the ride etc etc.
engine guard,shock the list goes on but to put a wrap on,removing handbrake just to make it lighter etc??

The cash I (easily) earn is not of your concern. I could paint my bike in pink and fill it with flashing LEDs if I wanted to.

Removing the handbrake on a DCT bike to make it lighter is a stupid thing in my opinion also, but you don't see me writing anything about it.

Okay, back to the actual thread, :D

Does it rain very much where you are? And if so, do you ride in rain at all? If so, let us know how it goes with the wrap as far as wear and tear and difficulty (or not) of cleaning the stuff and how it holds up, if you would be so kind.

I have zero first hand knowledge and only completely unsupported internet tales about the stuff and how it looks after it's been on for awhile, etc. You can be our first hand brave reporter and give us the true results ;)

Okay, back to the actual thread, :D

Does it rain very much where you are? And if so, do you ride in rain at all? If so, let us know how it goes with the wrap as far as wear and tear and difficulty (or not) of cleaning the stuff and how it holds up, if you would be so kind.

I have zero first hand knowledge and only completely unsupported internet tales about the stuff and how it looks after it's been on for awhile, etc. You can be our first hand brave reporter and give us the true results ;)
I ride almost every day.
The problem is I live in Portugal (near Lisbon) and rainy days happen almost exclusively in the autumn and winter. Maybe in a couple of months I have news for you...

Thanks for your interest.

Yeah. Take no notice of Johnakay. His arse is killing him because he can't get the right amount of air in his Airhawk and he is grumpy. That's all.

I wish people didn't feel the pressing need to go out of their way to ridicule others and their choices, no matter how seemingly strange or daft they might personally think they are.

But I also wish more people had a bit thicker skin, and weren't prone to taking such deadly personal offence at someone else just being a dick.

I'm pointing no fingers and naming no names, for fear of being labled one myself, lol, but maaaaan.:( I still say that is what I like most about this little place, is the ratio of nice people to the usual suspect forum trolls. I hate when someone feels they are forced to leave because of the actions of others.
I hear you. I just don't understand why certain people who bought the same motorcycle we did and then modified it to suit their needs and desires, can't understand why someone else who bought the same motorcycle and modified it differently than they did to suit their own needs and desires. Then they feel obligated to tell everyone how useless it is or how they should have bought a different bike all together if they were to do that modification.

Everyone who owns their own bike has a right to modify it however they want. If you don't like like it you have the freedom to just keep on moving to the next thread without posting a negative comment at all. It would save yourself and everybody else the wasted time in you posting said judgemental and close minded comments and the rest of us from reading them.

Rant over..

Yeah. Take no notice of Johnakay. His arse is killing him because he can't get the right amount of air in his Airhawk and he is grumpy. That's all.

at least I didn't take my wellies back for a longer piece of string coz I couldn't get into them on.lol
[video=youtube_share;11ASUn2YtRg]https://youtu.be/11ASUn2YtRg[/video]

wellies....

womens-union-jack-festival-wellies-wellington-boots-p180-593_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
The wrap may have a more practical side than we have recognized here. I replaced my stock pipe with a Leo Vince today.

Notice on the stock pipe there is a heat shield between the pipe and right foot peg.
IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0597 (2).jpg

As can be seen in these pictures, with the Leo Vince and other aftermarket pipes the header is unprotected and not far from the heal of the right foot.
IMG_0600.jpg
IMG_0600 (2).jpg

Just curious how that wrap held up?

I've already got the supplies, waiting on a little more exhaust work then I'm painting my exhaust and then wrapping it and then a lite coat of paint over the wrap, that's the plan as of now at least

From what I've been told that'll require taking my exhaust on and off 3 or 4 times doing layer by layer, curing and all

Hey Rippin, be sure to post pics of your work as we'd all like to see how it turns out! :{P

(hey, by the way, how are you feeling)?

Last edited:
Hey Rippin, be sure to post pics of your work as we'd all like to see how it turns out! :{P

(hey, by the way, how are you feeling)?
I will post pictures of step by step once I finish up with the welding

Doing well, frustrated at times but that's getting more rare. I feel fine then I don't again (2 steps forward 1 step back kind of thing) I'm getting close to 100% still doing physical therapy though, they're breaking up scar tissue and getting me to work and stretch certain muscles, it's about as fun as it sounds but it's working so I'm happy

5 (FIVE) years after the installation of this exhaust wrap I have to say this:
Don't do it! Or at least do it if you can change it every year or so.
When I removed the wrapping the exhaust pipe looked bad. Completely stained from the wrapping tape and took me a lot of cleaning to make it just a little bit better looking.

5 (FIVE) years after the installation of this exhaust wrap I have to say this: Don't do it! Or at least do it if you can change it every year or so. When I removed the wrapping the exhaust pipe looked bad. Completely stained from the wrapping tape and took me a lot of cleaning to make it just a little bit better looking.

So here is a thought OP. You may or may not be aware that you can remove that pipe and have have it Ceramic Coated. I'm sure someone in your area does that. I used to work sometimes at a buddies Gun Smithing shop where i have done a lot of "Cerakoting" for him(and myself haha). There are several colors/shades of Black and i myself have been considering doing my Stain-Less pipe and the shield later this winter simply to have it black and to keep it more clean looking, simply no other purpose than because i want to do it! Though, while i'm there, i may Cerakote many other pieces hehe. :{)

to see many colors available https://www.cerakote.com/shop/cerakote-coating

to see them actually applied https://www.facebook.com/pg/Long-Range-Customs-716244038543350/posts/

I wrapped the ( I believe the L/H) header on a 97 PC800 that was frying my knee.
I also wrapped all 4 headers on a 04 ST1300A. Both done for heat control and quite effective.
The 03 ST1300 was notoriously hot and remedied w/baffles around the tank, frame opening and FI remapping for 04 and up.

The wrap may have a more practical side than we have recognized here. I replaced my stock pipe with a Leo Vince today.

Notice on the stock pipe there is a heat shield between the pipe and right foot peg.
View attachment 25677
View attachment 25679

As can be seen in these pictures, with the Leo Vince and other aftermarket pipes the header is unprotected and not far from the heal of the right foot.
View attachment 25678
View attachment 25680

I think the oem heat sheild is more for cosmetic appeal than to remedy a heat issue. Just my opinion. The oem heat shield covers up what would be a very unattractive transition from the oem mid pipe to the oem exhaust canister. I have the Yoshi exhaust on one of my NC's and never have felt heat off the mid-pipe or had my foot touch it.

Unless you ran out of options and really just wanted to cover up an ugly, surface-damaged mid pipe, no way in hell I would use that wrap on anything. It's just not needed on these bikes and as stated, will surely damage the finish on the pipe if it wasn't damaged prior. Doesn't look good, in my opinion, either. But you know what they say about opinions....LOL

Back