• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Marc Parnes Balancer Size

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
Visit site
For those that have the Marc Parnes wheel balancer, what size did you get? I measured the hub on the rear wheel and without the sprocket and brake rotor it comes in right about 7", but with them it is about 9". Not sure if I should include them in my measurement or not so I'm not sure if I need to get the standard Universal size or the longer one. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am going to be in need of a tire change here shortly.

I would email him to get the best advice, but here's our exchange when I got my NC (my axle was the standard 12" size) -
Me: now I've bought a 2016 Honda NC750x (same as the US NC700x). what would I need to update my balancer?

Marc:
Hi
All you would need are two CNS cones to make a Universal out of it. You'll find them on my Spare Parts page.

Thanks,
Marc

Shop (714) 842-9210

www.marcparnes.com

Last edited:
I would email him to get the best advice, but here's our exchange when I got my NC (my axle was the standard 12" size) -
Me: now I've bought a 2016 Honda NC750x (same as the US NC700x). what would I need to update my balancer?

Marc:
Hi
All you would need are two CNS cones to make a Universal out of it. You'll find them on my Spare Parts page.

Thanks,
Marc

Shop (714) 842-9210

www.marcparnes.com

If the shaft you have is the 12" one and it works then the regular universal sounds like what I need.

Thank you.

Yes- as Marc noted 'it is essential to remove the sprocket carrier from the wheel and to utilize the actual wheel bearing' (in the 'Measuring the width of your wheel' section). So your wheel width is 7"

All you need is a cheap $20-30 balancer from Ebay. I don't even have to use the cones. Between the wheel bearings and the bearings on the stand itself, it's more than plenty to get a good balance....wheel turns effortlessly at super slow speed until landing on the heavy spot. I've already balanced 10+ tires with mine with zero vibration. Use it for street, track, and cruiser tires. No need in spending a ton on a "high end" balancing stand.

20190906_235324.jpg

20200518_224321.jpg

20191214_191233.jpg

Back