• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Marquez the man to watch in MotoGP

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
Following 3 days testing in Sepang it would appear that rookie Marc Marquez cold be the man to watch. I would certainly love to see him do well As a Honda man I will obviosly be shouting for Marc and Dani but I din't really mind who wins as long as it's not Rossi
The final times from Sepang were
1. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Honda 2:00.562

2. Marc Marquez (Spa) Honda 2:00.643

3. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 2:00.992

4. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 2:01.062

5. Alvaro Bautista (Spa) Gresini Honda 2:01.078s

6. Cal Crutchlow (GB)Tech Yamaha 2:01.094

7. Stefan Bradl (Ger) LCR Honda 2:01.309

8. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 2:01.650

9. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 2:02.070

10. Bradley Smith (GB) Tech Yamaha 2:02.314

I'm pretty sure Marc will do it very well, but it's his first year there and he will have something to learn. I would bet Rossi is going to try it really hard, maybe it's his last chance...

Anyway, what I would really like to see is Alvaro winning some race

Marquez was exciting to watch in GP2 last year. The bikes were much more closely matched in GP2 of course but he seemed content to run 3 or 4th until the final lap when he did what is required to stand #1 on the podium. It should be very interesting on a factory bike. Rossi has alot to prove after the Ducati thing but I don't think he will dominate anymore.

I'm more excited about this upcoming season than I have been since I first started watching MotoGP in 2007 :cool:

I'm a Rossi fan for sure, it's great to see him back on a competitive machine. But, Dani and Jorge are going to be tough to beat, and Marc looks like he's going to be the real deal right out of the gates. I think those four will really seperate themselves from the rest of the pack, but who knows -- it's a long season, anything can happen.

As a Texan, I'm always rooting for Spies, but I don't think moving to Ducati is going to do him any favors... At least I've got the Austin GP right in my backyard, I can't wait!

PS -- I watch a lot of the races a day or two later, as I'm sure many here in the states do. As a board, let's collectively not put any spoilers in thread titles! Most boards that's common sense, but I've been on a couple that have ruined my weekend when I wake up and see the results before I get a chance to watch the race!

Cheers for a hopefully incredible season!

trey

Marquez is fast for sure (and he is reckless). Let's see how he does in race condition, fighting with the good 'o boys.

It's encouraging to see Ducati being 1" out of the front runner. I am rooting for them to put a competitive bike on the grid.

As a Texan, I'm always rooting for Spies, but I don't think moving to Ducati is going to do him any favors...

I didn't know Spies was going to Ducati. Maybe he can do it well. Last years I would say that only non european guys are able to ride the Ducati...

I,m English, so I support Tech Yamaha

Following 3 days testing in Sepang it would appear that rookie Marc Marquez cold be the man to watch. I would certainly love to see him do well As a Honda man I will obviosly be shouting for Marc and Dani but I din't really mind who wins as long as it's not Rossi
The final times from Sepang were
1. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Honda 2:00.562

2. Marc Marquez (Spa) Honda 2:00.643

3. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 2:00.992

4. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 2:01.062

5. Alvaro Bautista (Spa) Gresini Honda 2:01.078s

6. Cal Crutchlow (GB)Tech Yamaha 2:01.094

7. Stefan Bradl (Ger) LCR Honda 2:01.309

8. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 2:01.650

9. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati 2:02.070

10. Bradley Smith (GB) Tech Yamaha 2:02.314

I think Bradley Smith has done really well in testing,,,I hope he does well this year,,,if Cal can stay on the bike maybe he,ll do better,,I do not think Rossi look in too bad a position after last year debacle,but methinks its his last season ...

PS -- I watch a lot of the races a day or two later, as I'm sure many here in the states do.

trey

I see that the Speed channel/network covers the MotoGP in the U.S.. Do they have live broadcasts, or is it delayed/taped? I will be watching the GP stop in Indianapolis, live,....I will be at the track for the action on raceday/Sunday!

all very well doing getting good position in practice.
wait till the real race start that is when the pressure comes in.
when pedrosa 1st came into gp's same thing was said and it took him how long??
as for Marky boy he'll come off a few times before he'll settle in.
I very much doubt Rossi will win the championship maybe second or third.
its either jorgy or peddy boy.
don't forget Rossi is bigger and heavier than some of this younger guys inc jorgy.
stand just over 6 ft tall does Rossi.

Rocker why not Rossi??

Just don't like his flash attitude. He's too much like Lewis Hamilton for my liking both guys who think that the sport could survive without them

thats the way he is even jorgay tried it a few times to.
never said or hint that the sport couldn't do with out thim.
it was the media who spat all this rubbish out! Rocker you need to get your fact right.
as for his spat dummy out ..don't they all ,even our Sheen thought the same if there was a chance of his fellow mate would/could beat him.

Just don't like his flash attitude. He's too much like Lewis Hamilton for my liking both guys who think that the sport could survive without them
Jeeess Rocker this is a business,,show business,and he,s a show man and bloody good one at that,,,Compare to Stoner,Pedrosa and Jorgy he,s light years ahead... Look at Stoner he was probably the fastest,but the fans did not like him cus his character he was a miserable git ,,always mourning,,At least with Rossi ,if he pushes you off the track he does it with SMILE!!!!!!

Jeeess Rocker this is a business,,show business,and he,s a show man and bloody good one at that,,,Compare to Stoner,Pedrosa and Jorgy he,s light years ahead... Look at Stoner he was probably the fastest,but the fans did not like him cus his character he was a miserable git ,,always mourning,,At least with Rossi ,if he pushes you off the track he does it with SMILE!!!!!!

When I go to a race meeting I just want to see great riders. If I want to see clowns I will go to a circus

When I go to a race meeting I just want to see great riders. If I want to see clowns I will go to a circus

all I can say Rocker you must be a BORING OL FART.
racing is entertainment. real racing is long gone when real men did real racing in the GP's on REAL BIKES.
they just go round in circles now not real road race's when the likes of ago,read sheen used to ride in.
I don't see clown whilst race is on,only after when a bit of fun.
why do you think he's so popular.also in the old days racers had to control the bikes not the other way round like it is now
when the race is finish all you have to do is press the off button on your remote,if you can't find it get your lass to do it.

can't be any worst than watching 22 boys kicking a bag of wind about on a pitch and cheating/crying if they get touched.
when a goal is scored they are even worst ,,jumping all over each other,kissing heads, doing silly diving and dancing.
over paid because you silly buggers pay over the top for a season ticket.
lets face when do a footballer get killed because the fall over.
racers take a risk every time the jump on a bike ,if things go badly wrong they either get injured or killed.
never hear that in football do you:rolleyes:

all I can say Rocker you must be a BORING OL FART.
racing is entertainment. real racing is long gone when real men did real racing in the GP's on REAL BIKES.
they just go round in circles now not real road race's when the likes of ago,read sheen used to ride in.
I don't see clown whilst race is on,only after when a bit of fun.
why do you think he's so popular.also in the old days racers had to control the bikes not the other way round like it is now
when the race is finish all you have to do is press the off button on your remote,if you can't find it get your lass to do it.

can't be any worst than watching 22 boys kicking a bag of wind about on a pitch and cheating/crying if they get touched.
when a goal is scored they are even worst ,,jumping all over each other,kissing heads, doing silly diving and dancing.
over paid because you silly buggers pay over the top for a season ticket.
lets face when do a footballer get killed because the fall over.
racers take a risk every time the jump on a bike ,if things go badly wrong they either get injured or killed.
never hear that in football do you:rolleyes:

I don't have a seson ticket despite the fact that I'm a club member and technically a share holder.
Anyway I wasn't compareing racing to football two different things altogether. Of all the years I have been going to race meetings I have never experianced the crowd atmosphere and sense of comradeship that I get at football. Never seen a footballer dress up as chicken to celebrate

Back