• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Marquez the man to watch in MotoGP

To me Biaggi was (is) one of the most fine riders. AFAIK, he's retired, unfortunatelly

Never seen a footballer dress up as chicken to celebrate

maybe not but there is no need is there,there's plenty in the terraces.;)

Good call Rocker. I think the track at Austin, TX is the most exciting, and demands the best cornering skills that i've seen so far.

Marc should do very well on other tracks similar to it. He is able to get more of his body lower & closer to the inside of each turn. Twisty tracks
will favor his riding style very well.

Well he did it. Took the #1 spot on the podium on the second race of the season and broke Spencer's 30 year old record of youngest rider to do it. The king is dead, long live the king. The choice of running a hard compound rear tire paid off. Pedrosa could only watch it happen.

Ya I was just thinking in a decade when Marquez has 8 championships ill at least be able to say I was there for his first win! The track is awesome and really big. I think I have walked 10 miles this weekend to see around the whole track. It feels like it never ends walking around it

Ya I was just thinking in a decade when Marquez has 8 championships ill at least be able to say I was there for his first win! The track is awesome and really big. I think I have walked 10 miles this weekend to see around the whole track. It feels like it never ends walking around it
Yes, I was thinking of you today. The weather looked like it couldn't have been better for an outdoor event.

Have a good ride home and tell us all about it when you get back. :)

you must be a BORING OL FART.

Guilty as charged, lol

I still watch it of course, but to me, "true" GP500 racing was roughly 1975-ish to 1994-ish. (there's always some leeway there for timeline, of course, but for me personally, those were my Golden Years of enjoyment.

Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz, Mamola, Shobert, Baldwin, Gardner, etc. Doohan at the very tail end.

My interest pretty much disappeared once the two strokes were changed to 4 strokes. (which is incredibly ironic, because my all time favourite motorcycle ever, was Honda's NR500...)

To me, Rossi---->forward, they were/are all "new guys" that I have no interest or "cheer for" feelings.

*shrug* /old boring dood. :p

my you must be old took you long enough to reply.
anyway I think enough is said on that subject so can we move on
smiley_rolleyes[1].gif

as for marquez please for him.
he is fast thats for sure.
as for Rossi I think his days are over as far as championship goes.
sure he'll win 1 or 2 races and a few podiums but thats it.

Guilty as charged, lol

I still watch it of course, but to me, "true" GP500 racing was roughly 1975-ish to 1994-ish. (there's always some leeway there for timeline, of course, but for me personally, those were my Golden Years of enjoyment.

Sheene, Roberts, Spencer, Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz, Mamola, Shobert, Baldwin, Gardner, etc. Doohan at the very tail end.

My interest pretty much disappeared once the two strokes were changed to 4 strokes. (which is incredibly ironic, because my all time favourite motorcycle ever, was Honda's NR500...)

To me, Rossi---->forward, they were/are all "new guys" that I have no interest or "cheer for" feelings.

*shrug* /old boring dood. :p

I was lucky enough to have been at Silverstone for the famous Sheene/Roberts battle. I was probably one of the few British guys shouting for King kenney

all very well doing getting good position in practice.
wait till the real race start that is when the pressure comes in.
when pedrosa 1st came into gp's same thing was said and it took him how long??
as for Marky boy he'll come off a few times before he'll settle in.
I very much doubt Rossi will win the championship maybe second or third.
its either jorgy or peddy boy.
don't forget Rossi is bigger and heavier than some of this younger guys inc jorgy.
stand just over 6 ft tall does Rossi.

Rocker why not Rossi??

You were right it took Marc a wholev 2 races to settle in :)

just hope he doesn't get to confident that's when mistakes happened.
I would like to see pedrosa win at least one championship.

have you seen pics of Marquez,s cornering style,he,s nearly rubbing his ear on the deck,,,seems he,s the youngest ever winner of biggest class,even beat Frank Spencer

Anybody watch JereZ GP,,, Marquez really stuffed it to poor old Jorgy,,,,I,m waiting for him the do it to old Pedrosa ,,,he will,,its only a matter of time before Marquez and Peddy have a handbag dual......

[video=youtube_share;JJLO-DjvVDg]http://youtu.be/JJLO-DjvVDg[/video]

You'll have to watch it on youtube

Back