• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Maybe Done With My NC700x

Bolt a hockey puck to the bottom of the side stand--cheap and works great---if its too thick you can drill out the area where the bottom of the stand fits a bit if necessary

Maybe I got the wrong bike. Alway liked these but my legs are too short for ADV bikes. I went through the same thing with my Vstrom 650. I can flat foot because the seat is thin, pointed & slanted downward. Which sucks after 20 miles. So I got a comfortable seat. Now I'm on my toes. So I got a lowering kit. Now the side stand & center stand are too long. So I spend even MORE time & money on an S model side stand which is too short. I also ordered an S model center stand off Amazon which is too long so it may be for an X model. I keep a piece of wood in the frunk to put under the side stand & I can't use the center stand. This is why I don't ride much. I bought the wrong bike. 1,200 miles in 2 years because I'm tired of fighting it. I'm old enough I must flat foot. I'll drop this if I'm on my toes. Difference is I can pick up this bike if I drop it. Not the Vstrom so I sold it. Looking at cruisers now. Not sure I'll like the weird ergonomics & I'm not a do rag guy but once winter is over I'll rent one & make a decision. This is a great bike for so many reasons but my legs are too short. It's probably a cruiser or quit riding. I hear the new NC750X have better seats that are lower. I'd bet they got feedback about the first generation. New ones not in my budget yet. **** UPDATE: 3/5/2022 I just got another center stand & it's actually the correct one. I think the center stand I ordered for a Honda NC700S was actually meant for a Honda NC700X because it's 9.5" long pivot to foot but my new one is 8.75". I'll put it one today. If I can't install the springs I'll have the dealer do it Tuesday.
I just bought my 2016 NC700X two days ago (my first non-Harley). I am only 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I was sure I was going to have to lower it, because like you, I cannot flat foot it. Over these first two days of riding I have decided not to lower it, but instead at a stop, I let it lean just slightly to the left and that allows me to flat foot on my left foot. The light weight of the bike mixed with the low center of gravity makes this position feel stable to me.

Maybe I got the wrong bike. Alway liked these but my legs are too short for ADV bikes. I went through the same thing with my Vstrom 650. I can flat foot because the seat is thin, pointed & slanted downward. Which sucks after 20 miles. So I got a comfortable seat. Now I'm on my toes. So I got a lowering kit. Now the side stand & center stand are too long. So I spend even MORE time & money on an S model side stand which is too short. I also ordered an S model center stand off Amazon which is too long so it may be for an X model. I keep a piece of wood in the frunk to put under the side stand & I can't use the center stand. This is why I don't ride much. I bought the wrong bike. 1,200 miles in 2 years because I'm tired of fighting it. I'm old enough I must flat foot. I'll drop this if I'm on my toes. Difference is I can pick up this bike if I drop it. Not the Vstrom so I sold it. Looking at cruisers now. Not sure I'll like the weird ergonomics & I'm not a do rag guy but once winter is over I'll rent one & make a decision. This is a great bike for so many reasons but my legs are too short. It's probably a cruiser or quit riding. I hear the new NC750X have better seats that are lower. I'd bet they got feedback about the first generation. New ones not in my budget yet. **** UPDATE: 3/5/2022 I just got another center stand & it's actually the correct one. I think the center stand I ordered for a Honda NC700S was actually meant for a Honda NC700X because it's 9.5" long pivot to foot but my new one is 8.75". I'll put it one today. If I can't install the springs I'll have the dealer do it Tuesday.
You’ve no doubt been advised already to try a NC750S. I thought about one but can just about manage the ‘19 X I have for the time being (30” leg”) The NC 750S is identical mechanically and I imagine you could flat foot it.
Good luck. Norm.

You’ve no doubt been advised already to try a NC750S. I thought about one but can just about manage the ‘19 X I have for the time being (30” leg”) The NC 750S is identical mechanically and I imagine you could flat foot it.
Good luck. Norm.
The OP, Juan_ Banjovy, shows a residence of Texas, USA. The NC S models aren’t and never have been sold in the USA, so such a model may be difficult to obtain.

I'm only 5'9" with about a 30" inseam myself and several lower back/hip issues. I also had initial concerns about my inability to flat-foot. This is my first and only bike, so didn't know what to expect other than I got a deal I could not refuse on a practically new bike a coworker never rode. I'm in the US, and am not a year-round commuter, just ride for leisure and to clear my head. Had a Spring-like day yesterday so I got the bike out for the first time in months. Forgot how easy it is to handle and ride, even after being worn out from catching Covid a couple weeks back. I can only get the balls of my feet down, so I just use the left foot only method, and it's never felt like work. The bike holds itself up practically. A little more work on inclines, but that's rarely an issue for me. Hopefully you got it sorted out, or found another model that suits you better. I like the bike, but it doesn't really thrill me. maybe that's a good thing--keeps me out of trouble lol. If I do get another bike, I'm looking for pure comfort, all around. These seats are horrid, and no matter how many screens and attachments I try, these things are as turbulent as can be. My current tall screen plus clip-on setup gets the wind mostly over my head (but looks like absolute crap). I guess I'm just a Sally, and want to be in a calm pocket as much as I can, or I'd ride a naked bike with looks and power.

A bike is just a bike in the end, don't let it stop you from riding.

There are plenty out there to sit on and find something more comfortable. There are a whole bunch of NC700x's out by me selling for $5-6K.
Sounds like I could make my money back and then some lol. 3 years ago, I bought a 2016 DCT off my buddy at work for $3,500, only had 1,600 miles. I've yet to crack 10,000 miles on it. I think I'd ride/commute more if I invested in really good gear, and a seat that doesn't suck after an hour, but I just bought it as a way to get out of the house and decompress. Maybe it's a first bike thing, but the NC got boring pretty quick. I'd rather be cruising on a GW, but that's way out of budget.

I have a 27" inseam, and have about 20K miles on my '18 NC750X. Once you get used to it, you really only need 1 foot down. I lowered it about 1" and had the sidestand cut and welded, and also put on bar risers.
Some ways I deal with it: First, I always look for a parking space where I can pull out, turn the bike around, or park on an incline (yes, always park the bike in gear!). Second, when I dismount, wherever possible I put the sidestand down first then dismount (and mount) via the left footpeg. Third: Dismount and park it if you have to, same thing mounting. Pull the bike out of the spot and then mount with the sidestand down. If you're comfortable with it, you can also mount like we do on our bicycles. Get it rolling and mount up. Not for everyone.

The biggest challenge is stopping on uneven pavement, you always need to look for indentations/potholes, etc. when putting down only 1 foot.

I've also ridden/owned other taller bikes, BMW F650s and F800STs for many miles. I lowered each of them and put bar risers on too (short arms). Great bikes. If you like the machine, you can adapt.

The thing about cruisers is, you kind of sit in them instead of on them. It's all preference. I'm used to dirt bikes, and I prefer that seating position.

Back