• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Maybe I want another bike, but....

jangermann

Reaction score
Visit site
So I go to the local dealer to look at bikes. I am thinking about getting another bike with a bit more power. I am in love with a Honda VFR 2005, I like the motor and it looks beautiful.

I have made at positive/negative list, and the NC700 wins, so after a lot of thinking I will keep my NC because:
1. I like the design so much, one of the most beautiful out there (like the vfr) I think
2. I can drive all day without pain, thanks to the shad seat and the driving position
3. I like the frunk, where should I put my stuff on a vfr?
4. Economic fuel and insurance
5. I can drive standing up
6. It can do semi offroad
7. It it easy to handle, thanks to the low COG.

I owned a lot of bikes, but this one I really have a hard time to find any excuse for why it is better getting another bike.

Maybe it is because I am getting older, but I keep it :)

Beautiful right? ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 226
Happiness comes not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have. The same guy who isn't satisfied now will probably not be satisfied with what he thinks he wants either.

A motorcycling friend of mine was in my shop the other day. He always owns a couple of top line bikes and buys one every year or two. He was looking over my three motley bikes and he said "you could have any bike you want". I said "yep, and I do."

Happiness comes not from having what you want, but from wanting what you have. The same guy who isn't satisfied now will probably not be satisfied with what he thinks he wants either.

A motorcycling friend of mine was in my shop the other day. He always owns a couple of top line bikes and buys one every year or two. He was looking over my three motley bikes and he said "you could have any bike you want". I said "yep, and I do."

Excellent response... being a experienced rider (old) and having many bikes in my life (now currently own four) I have what I want and the NC700x is at the top of the list in usability, it just plane works.

Experienced and old :)

One thing I think would make is even more nice, is a (don't know the english word) "raised exhaust". I think it is strange but I have not seen any for sale.
By raised exhaust I mean that the exhaust should be moved up like this:

vfr750-carbon.jpg

I think the reason is because of less saddlebag options. Once you make side racks with this kind of exhaust the rear gets rather wide with bags mounted. Maybe under the tail?

Last edited:
jangermann,
I had a 2002 VFR that I sold to get my NC700. I use my NC700 mainly for commuting to work, and am very happy with my decision. The VFR is a great bike, but it does have its own pain points.
1. VTEC engine - the torque is not uniform. the VTEC kicks in at ~6000rpm - sometimes feels good.
2. Heat - the radiator is side mounted. It warms the legs a tad too much. Quite uncomfortable in the California heat.
3. Gas mileage is half that of NC700
4. The mirrors are exactly at the height of car mirrors. Does not help in lane splitting. The NC700 mirrors are above the height of all cars. Super easy on NC700 to ride up to the front at stoplights. Not so easy on the VFR :)
-MT

Back