• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Meet the Energica Experia

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Energica has just branched off from their award-winning supersport genre and given us their very new, very sexy, very electric adventure tourer.

Oy vey, indeed.

Christened the ‘Experia,’ the new adventure motorcycle was purportedly revealed at last weekend’s Mugello MotoGP, along with the news from MCN that this model represents the start of “the first of a range of models in a new Energica Green Tourer program.”

Energica's new Experia - a new electric adventure tourer boasting around 420km of range.
The Energica Experia – an electric adventure tourer with a 420km range. Photo courtesy of MCN.

The biggest perk of this particular unit, though, has got to be the bonkers battery; with Energica’s website boasting 22.5 kWh maximum (19.6 kWh nominal) energy for the Experia and NewAtlas noting the stunning range of up to 420km, it looks like Energica has finally given everybody exactly what they’ve been wanting: “[A] new battery [with a] lower overall weight and different mass distribution.”

Energica's new Experia - a new electric adventure tourer boasting around 420km of range.
The Energica Experia – an electric adventure tourer with a 420km range. Photo courtesy of MCN.

The Experia is available to order as of tomorrow, June first, and will feature luggage on 17in rims, rendering a carrying capacity of 112 liters (with the luggage attached), and sporting “six-stage traction control, four riding modes, lean-sensitive Bosch ABS and more.”

The Energica Experia – an electric adventure tourer with a 420km range. Photo courtesy of Energica.

Here are the Experia’s full specs in all their glory, according to Energica’s website:

Energica Experia Adventure Tourer Specs​

Power (kW/hp)​

Continuous: 60kW/80hp @ 7000rpm

Peak: 75kW/102hp @ 7500rpm

Torque​

115 Nm / 85 ft lb. – 900 Nm / 664 ft lb. at wheel

Top Speed​

Limited at 180 km/h (112 mph)

Acceleration​

0-100 km/h (0-60 mph): 3.5 sec

Range​

City: 420 km (261 miles)

Combined: 256 km (160 miles)

Extra-Urban: 208 km (130 miles)

WMTC: 222 km (138 miles)

The Energica Experia – an electric adventure tourer with a 420km range. Photo courtesy of Energica.

“Optimized for long-range, two-up comfort with an aerodynamic sport-touring fairing, adjustable windscreens and ample hard luggage capacity, Experia fully delivers on what mileage-eaters demand, yet is the nimblest and most maneuverable machine we’ve ever made,” states the website.

Be sure to check back for more updates, as we imagine the test rides will be coming out shortly for the Experia.

Drop a comment letting us know what you think, and as ever – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from Energica’s website and MCN*​

The post Meet the Energica Experia appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I’d ride it…who needs a kidney so I can afford it?
I didn’t see a price mentioned In the article.

The bike looks really great, but until I see more details, I can’t judge it. webBikeWorld and many electric motorcycle companies have, in the past, provided misleading or incomplete information.

Look at the photo caption, “The Energica Experia – an electric adventure tourer with a 420km range.” A reader might think it can tour 420km. No, That’s the city range. The actual range at 55 mph and at 70 mph is missing from the specs. The “Extra-Urban” range spec is probably the important one, but with it being defined, it’s meaningless to me.

Last edited:
I didn’t see a price mentioned In the article.

The bike looks really great, but until I see more details, I can’t judge it. webBikeWorld and many electric motorcycle companies have, in the past, provided misleading or incomplete information.

Look at the photo caption, “The Energica Experia – an electric adventure tourer with a 420km range.” A reader might think it can tour 420km. No, That’s the city range. The actual range at 55 mph and at 70 mph is missing from the specs.
Their other offerings are 20k+ and do show differing ranges for riding conditions. A shame they went with a chain though. I would want less maintenance if I was going electric but until I can get something that can do 100 mi range at 60 mph that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg the NC is staying my commuter bike.

Their other offerings are 20k+ and do show differing ranges for riding conditions. A shame they went with a chain though. I would want less maintenance if I was going electric but until I can get something that can do 100 mi range at 60 mph that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg the NC is staying my commuter bike.
I didn’t see that the bike had chain drive. It’s automatically scratched off my list. One of many advantages to electric motorcycles is elimination of many required maintenance tasks - no oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, spark plug(s), valve adjustment. Why mess with lubing a chain? I’ll stay with Zero motorcycles and their belt drive.

I looked at Energica’s web site and I still did not see specs for range@speed (i.e. range miles @ 55 mph, range miles @ 70 mph). If you found that, can you direct me there? Their “Extra-Urban” spec is ambiguous as we don’t all ride at the same speed. Range would also be affected by the presence or absence of the side cases, so I wonder of that was factored in.

Last edited:
Didn’t see the range at speed. I would imagine the extra urban would be highway miles but yes very ambiguous

Back