• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Milestones, Riding Again.

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I got to ride again this last week, a real ride. After breaking my hand I wasn't sure how long it would be, but after a few aborted tries the week before I finally felt that I had enough strength in my fingers to pull the brake lever in case of a panic stop. Still sore and stiff but I can work it when need be. So I got a 30 minute ride in, I paid for it later with some throbbing pain, but nothing I couldn't get past. The Doc said four months but I couldn't stand it any longer I had to ride, now if I can get the wrist to full function again I'll be riding all over the place, riding is the best physical therapy right.... I have also reached the one year mark on the forum, wow did that time ever fly by. It seems like just a short time ago that I was signing up for the first forum that I thought was worth being a member of, and it has been great watching it grow from a small core group of owners to the diverse group that it is today. Covering the world, NC owners have shared information, opinion, rumors, jokes, barbs and name calling. but for the most part we have just shared our love for this weird shaped, odd displacement, frunk having, wonderful machine. I have learned so much from all of you and I hope that I have shared at least a few tidbits that someone out there has found useful. Maybe my stuff in the humor section made you laugh, I like to make someone laugh and help them maybe have a better day. I want to thank Dennis for all he has done, it can't be easy and a special thanks to Lee for being a strong advocate for the bike and the forum, his modifications have set a high mark, and got me to go ahead and do the simple ones I had been considering but hadn't done. Thank you all for a year of fun and information, thank you for getting me past my fear of social media and forums in general, as the new Honda slogan should read "You meet the nicest, smartest, most sharing people on a Honda NC700 " Thank you all....:cool:

Glad that your back on the albeit for short rides. hopefully you will soon be doing much longer ones. I still remember my 1st ride after a long layoff with a broken femur and how good that felt.

Welcome back. November to May was my downtime - five surgeries in five months after zero in my first 60 years! Dang near drove me batty (which is a short trip for me). I'll tell you what they told me and you will ignore it...

Take it slow and easy.

I'm new to the forum so probably arrived while you were recovering. Taking it slow and easy probably isn't a bad idea but men really never listen to reason. Least that's what the wife tells me. Glad you making your way back to some small rides. You can think of squeezing the clutch as physical therapy.

Glad you are back riding, but take it easy so you can heal properly.

Bump

I feel like a penny waiting for change...:eek:

I totally missed this return post, CJD! So sorry for not chiming in with the well wishers! :(

Back