• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirror replacement

I don’t know about the 2016 for sure, but the 2012 NC has the threaded mirror stem going into an adapter, which then threads into the handlebar mirror mount. On the left side of the bike (opposite the front brake side), either the mirror stalk or the adapter is a left hand thread (I don’t remember which one). The reason is so the wind blowing on the left mirror tightens it instead of loosening it. On the right side (brake lever side), the mirror stalk and adapter are both right hand thread.

So whatever mirror you buy, make sure the thread size and direction is what your’re looking for.

Yep, there are 'backwards' threads to watch for. I was recently afforded the opportunity to replace one of mine (I had help with that), and I just bought a new mirror from Ron Ayers. My local parts source disappeared.

I think you're right about the different thread directions, but it looks like someone had added adapters so I'll go ahead and try some universal mirrors711BEB12-47EE-44BD-9050-28ACC04BB9E7.jpeg

I forgot to come back with the results, but on my 2016 both the handlebars & adapters have standard/normal threads. I ordered the standard mirrors from my first post, and they both screw in clockwise with or without the adapters. So in my case the adapters are really just 1" extenders, which may not be oem because they're easily scratched & rusting.

Last edited:
Back