• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Mirror wideners?

Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know of a good set of mirror wideners that will fit the 16-20 nc750x? Revzilla has generic and SW Motech has ones for “Honda”. Not sure if there is something special about ours or no. Any help is appreciated.

Bought mine off Ebay. They're perfectly functional, thought the paint started flaking pretty quick. Even with the paint issue, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on them. They're basically a slug of aluminum with a couple of bolts

Anyone know of a good set of mirror wideners that will fit the 16-20 nc750x? Revzilla has generic and SW Motech has ones for “Honda”. Not sure if there is something special about ours or no. Any help is appreciated.
I reused the old ones from my Suzuki DL650. Works fine, nothing special

So I put this up in another thread but in case anyone is searching for something like this: I wound up going with Motowerk mirror wideners. 65$ shipped and taxed. Definitely more than eBay but made in USA which is better than China for me. The website lists compatibility from 2013-2017. I have a 2018 and they definitely seem to be compatible with mine unless I’m missing something. Attached are pictures in case bc anyone else is interested in something similar.

Attachments

• 08BA77E8-6968-496E-9B90-60383094456D.jpeg
    08BA77E8-6968-496E-9B90-60383094456D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • EC9D430D-375E-4544-BAA2-8E82B4091608.jpeg
    EC9D430D-375E-4544-BAA2-8E82B4091608.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 27
I bought these for my 2021 NC from Amazon.

SW-MOTECH SVL.00.505.101 Mirror Extension​

Not cheap - but beautifully made. Can now see the road behind me - not my elbows.

I bought these for my 2021 NC from Amazon.

SW-MOTECH SVL.00.505.101 Mirror Extension​

Not cheap - but beautifully made. Can now see the road behind me - not my elbows.
I was looking for those originally but Revzilla said they were out of stock and never coming back so I had to move on.

I bought the cheap Chinese aluminum set from Ebay a few years ago. The function is good. The paint flaked off pretty quick and the bolt heads are getting rusty. They are a very good cheap alternative if you're not obsessed with appearance. If I had t to do over again, I would have spent more money and bought the better quality set. As it is, I'm not going to replace them because they do the job

I bought an unbranded set of mirror wideners from eBay a year ago, and put them on my Zero DSR. They fit well and look good. I guess I’ll see how they age. So far, I’ve had no reason to dislike them. .

I've had the Motowerk mirror extenders on my 2020 for a couple of years. An excellent product, and no rust or flaking paint.

For a 5’ 6” rider of average build what are the advantages of mirror wideners? Do they reduce turbulence or wind noise?

I'm your size dduelin and have no trouble seeing everything I need to see behind me with the stock mirrors, my lane and the lanes to each side when on the freeway. Would be interesting to see the view with wideners to see if they would make a difference. Not worth $65 to me to find out though lol

For a 5’ 6” rider of average build what are the advantages of mirror wideners? Do they reduce turbulence or wind noise?
Nope, just get tired of my arms blocking 1/2 my mirrors. I find it’s easier to glance down and see immediately what’s behind me this way. I feel it’s a safety upgrade for my riding.

For me, the mirrors were the main source of turbulence and buffeting. Mirror wideners solved the issue. Buffeting can be weirdly specific to the rider
Thanks. I thought I had recall of past discussions about noise/buffeting from mirrors. I can see what I need to see behind and to the sides just fine so I wondered what the benefits of the mod are.

Is the difference in width noticeable during filtering?

I ride a lot in busy traffic and always need to go through tight spots between cars.

Is the difference in width noticeable during filtering?

I ride a lot in busy traffic and always need to go through tight spots between cars.
They definitely extend beyond the handlebars but haven’t measured how much. Can’t speak much to filtering as my state doesn’t allow it.

They definitely extend beyond the handlebars but haven’t measured how much. Can’t speak much to filtering as my state doesn’t allow it.
Just a general question. When a state doesn’t allow filtering does that mean people actually don’t filter? Do the police enforce the ban? In congested UK and Ireland not filtering would remove one of the big advantages of riding.

Back