• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirrors

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
So, what's the needed info for mirror removal / adjustment etc. Which one is left hand thread.......is the top nut affixed to the stalk? .I'm wanting to remove mine for a short ride to see if it helps with buffeting / noise. FSM mentions nothing.
TIA

Picture the wind pushing against the mirror. You want the wind to keep the mirror tight, not try to loosen it. Therefore the right (throttle) side mirror is a right hand thread, and the left side has a left hand thread.

My NC has an adapter between the mirror stalk and the mount. Only one or the other is a left hand thread, but not both (I can’t remember which).

The stalk end is threaded. The nut on the stalk is threaded onto the stalk and acts as a locknut. Loosen the locknut, then twirl the whole mirror to unscrew it.

This is not how mine is built, but is this the way the latest models are made? Please explain why the right (throttle grip side) mirror would need to employ a left hand thread. Using a right hand thread would tend to keep the mirror tight when the air pushes against it.

Last edited:
My throttle side mirror has come loose 2 or 3 times and blown back towards me. Ive considered carrying a 14mm open end wrench in my frunk.

Right+left thread on each side (same bolt adapter #20): Mirror lets go if you hit an obstacle, not facing the wind ? I dont know.

Yep, I see that in the 2012 NC700X parts listing. The threading is shown to be the same on both sides. That design seems illogical. I’m now compelled to check my own NC’s mirror threading as soon as I get the chance. I have many bikes, and perhaps the NC is unique in it’s mirror thread directions. I just re-installed mirrors on my Zero, and the left mirror was left hand thread, and the right mirror was right hand.
52FB7C8F-40D7-4896-88F9-4D2ED88A9164.jpeg

Back