• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Missing a bolt on a stock windshield, bad idea to ride?

DoctorSugarman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2014 NC700X that I picked up 3 weeks ago. It came with a sweet National Cycle V Stream windshield already installed. The owner had the stock shield, but it was missing one of the bolt, the little plastic washer, the cam and nut thing for adjusting the windscreen height. I already put an order in for replacements yesterday, but I really want to try riding it with the stock shield to see how it differs. I mainly ride side roads out in the country with a little city streets, thrown in. Am I going to wish I had just been patient and wait another week?

I like the aftermarket shield very much. This is the first bike I’ve ever ridden. I want to see how the bike feels with the stock shield. And the bike cover I bought fits way better with the stock shield. I probably should have bought a bigger cover, but I’m to lazy to go through the return process with Amazon.

I think the only good advice you could get from the forum is to wait until the motorcycle is properly assembled before riding it, that is to say don’t ride it with the missing bolt. Even if someone you don’t know, somewhere on the planet, says it OK, would you want trust that advice?

I think the only good advice you could get from the forum is to wait until the motorcycle is properly assembled before riding it, that is to say don’t ride it with the missing bolt. Even if someone you don’t know, somewhere on the planet, says it OK, would you want trust that advice?
Fair point

Back