• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mods for 2021 NC750X. FYI. New Givi Part number.

eugene_tyj

Reaction score
Visit site
FYI.

For those who are looking for Givi engine guards for their 2021 NC750X. They are currently being fabricated. I called Givi USA in Sparks, NV and then confirmed in their system as "processing" it also has a new part number TN-1192.

I also will be testing out trex racings swingarm spools. I have a small garage and would like to get a dynamoto stand to move the Honda and the Yamaha around.

T-Rex Racing Spool Adapters

Does anyone by chance have a pic of a 2020 and older NC750X left swingarm from the rear?. I don't seem to have the clearance to fit the above collar on the left side swingarm on my 2021.

Will keep folks posted.

Cheers,
/et

How about Givi Monokey topcase and pannier solutions?
The number for the 2021 seems to involve 1192.
Has anyone used the top case rack intended for the 2020 on their new 2021?
How about panniers?
My wife and I have a Givi Dolomiti pannier set and are eager to mount the panniers to the eventual 2021 NC750X (if it ever comes).

How about Givi Monokey topcase and pannier solutions?
The number for the 2021 seems to involve 1192.
Has anyone used the top case rack intended for the 2020 on their new 2021?
How about panniers?
My wife and I have a Givi Dolomiti pannier set and are eager to mount the panniers to the eventual 2021 NC750X (if it ever comes).
I was looking at top boxes today on givis website-it seems like there’s a lot of options currently being manufactured or developed. I thought the mounting options would be mostly universal within givi and only the bracket would need to be bike specific.

I got tired of waiting for Givi. So I ended with the following

- 2x SAE adapters with fuses (random amazon purchase).
- one of those SAE is feeding my USB C PD 3.0 charger
- the other SAE is for the battery tender.
- SW-Motech engine guards. They finally updated their website to show fitment for 2021. The kicker is that the 2020 and 2021 part number are identical. https://sw-motech.us/products/protection/crash+bar/4052572056288.htm. The supplied bolts are hit and miss. The bolts have difficulty threading into the engine mount. So rather than force the bolt into aluminum. We only set the torque at 50lbs and could only use 3 out of the supplied bolts. I have some bolts on order luckily.
- SW-Motech tail bag. I decided I want to deal with paniers/racks etc. so I went with tailbags. I got this for work commute and a bunch or bigger dry bags for longer trips. https://sw-motech.us/products/luggage/tail+bags/EVO+tail+bags/4052572042595.htm
- T-Rex Racing radiator guard. The fitment says only goes to 2020. But it fits just fine on my 2021. https://www.t-rex-racing.com/Honda-CTX700-NC700X-NC750X-Radiator-Guard-p/n44-18rg.htm
- T-Rex Racing pickup spools. We had to polish the inner circle cut out to ensure there is no metal on metal contact. I have a small garage. I want to use the dynamoto stands to organize the bikes. https://www.t-rex-racing.com/Honda-CTX700-NC700X-NC750X-Spool-Adapters-p/n44-12sa.htm
- Honda OEM center stand

Other mods to come
- fork protectors
- rear brake light module
- pro grip handlebar grips
- denali mini bomb?
- highway pegs?

If folks want I can take some pics tomorrow. We just got done putting on the center stand and engine guard.

/et

- SW-Motech engine guards. They finally updated their website to show fitment for 2021. The kicker is that the 2020 and 2021 part number are identical. https://sw-motech.us/products/protection/crash+bar/4052572056288.htm. The supplied bolts are hit and miss. The bolts have difficulty threading into the engine mount. So rather than force the bolt into aluminum. We only set the torque at 50lbs and could only use 3 out of the supplied bolts. I have some bolts on order luckily.
Thanks for the information as I was about to order these yesterday. May wait a little more since I am still waiting on the bike but was getting stir crazy and wanted to collect more farkles to keep me busy - LOL
It would be great if you could post some images when you can.
Cheers mate

Last edited:
I got tired of waiting for Givi. So I ended with the following

- 2x SAE adapters with fuses (random amazon purchase).
- one of those SAE is feeding my USB C PD 3.0 charger
- the other SAE is for the battery tender.
- SW-Motech tail bag. I decided I want to deal with paniers/racks etc. so I went with tailbags. I got this for work commute and a bunch or bigger dry bags for longer trips. https://sw-motech.us/products/luggage/tail+bags/EVO+tail+bags/4052572042595.htm
- T-Rex Racing radiator guard. The fitment says only goes to 2020. But it fits just fine on my 2021. https://www.t-rex-racing.com/Honda-CTX700-NC700X-NC750X-Radiator-Guard-p/n44-18rg.htm
- T-Rex Racing pickup spools. We had to polish the inner circle cut out to ensure there is no metal on metal contact. I have a small garage. I want to use the dynamoto stands to organize the bikes. https://www.t-rex-racing.com/Honda-CTX700-NC700X-NC750X-Spool-Adapters-p/n44-12sa.htm
- Honda OEM center stand

Other mods to come
- fork protectors
- rear brake light module
- pro grip handlebar grips
- denali mini bomb?
- highway pegs?

If folks want I can take some pics tomorrow. We just got done putting on the center stand and engine guard.

/et
I have the very same SW-Motech engine guard/crash bars in my garage waiting to be mounted to my wife's 2021 NC750X when it arrives next week.
What should I be looking for in the engine mount bolts?
What other bolts did you have to order?
Do you think a vendor such as Fastenal have such bolts? I have a store in my neighborhood.

These I SKUs i thought i needed. I didn't realize that the sw-mototech engine guards came with longer bolts.

QtySKUProduct Name
Unit Price
WeightDim: L / W / H
195701-12040-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X40)
Unshipped
$2.06​
.11/ /
195701-12050-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X50)
Unshipped
$2.15​
.13/ /
195701-12085-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X85)
Unshipped
$2.94​
.1/ /
195701-12060-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X60)
Unshipped
$2.15​
.15/ /

This was from Bernardi parts. But they were out of stock for two of the bolts and did not have an ETA of when it was in stock.

You can plug those SKUs into a search engine.

Last edited:
These I SKUs i thought i needed. I didn't realize that the sw-mototech engine guards came with longer bolts.

QtySKUProduct Name
Unit Price
195701-12040-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X40)
Unshipped
$2.06​
.11/ /
195701-12050-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X50)
Unshipped
$2.15​
.13/ /
195701-12085-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X85)
Unshipped
$2.94​
.1/ /
195701-12060-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X60)
Unshipped
$2.15​
.15/ /

This was from Bernardi parts. But they were out of stock for two of the bolts and did not have an ETA of when it was in stock.

Thanks, you are the best.

QtySKUProduct Name
Unit Price
195701-12040-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X40)
Unshipped
$2.06​
.11/ /
195701-12050-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X50)
Unshipped
$2.15​
.13/ /
195701-12085-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X85)
Unshipped
$2.94​
.1/ /
195701-12060-08
BOLT, FLANGE (12X60)
Unshipped
$2.15​
.15/ /

Thanks very much for sharing your information, work and pictures.
Like mudtrack and his wife I am awaiting my 2021 NC but your footwork and work makes my accessories consideration much easier.

one thing about the bolts. The original Honda bolts came off easy hardly any forcerequired onj the breaker bar. The OEM bolts also threaded in and out smoothly. The spupplied SW-Motech gloves needed some force to threaded. One of the SW bolts would not thread cleanly without using significant torque.

Since it was steel on aluminum we used the original bolt, red loctite and only set the torque wrench to 50lbs on all bolts. The install docs says 79lbs.

Edit: my nerd brain was subconsciously telling me something was wrong withe the conversion. 50lbs is 79nm.

Last edited:
one thing about the bolts. The original Honda bolts came off easy hardly any forcerequired onj the breaker bar. The OEM bolts also threaded in and out smoothly. The spupplied SW-Motech gloves needed some force to threaded. One of the SW bolts would not thread cleanly without using significant torque.

Since it was steel on aluminum we used the original bolt, red loctite and only set the torque wrench to 50lbs on all bolts. The install docs says 79lbs.
So strange. It is as if the SW-Motech bolts need to be loosened up a little with a bolt thread tool.
Any thoughts?

Yeah that might work. I'm a computer nerd. And not much of a wrencher but i knew enough about dissimilar metal on metal. And torque.

We ordered the longer bolts from this Honda dealer.

Back