• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MotoAmerica’s First Medical Director Passes at 67

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is with heartfelt condolences that we cover the passing of MotoAmerica’s very first Medical Director.

Dr. Raymond Rossi, passed away on Tuesday, March 22 in Greenwood Village, Colorado, at the ripe age of 67 years old. He is survived by is survived by wife Loris Smith and daughter, Shelby Ray Rossi.

A view of MotoAmerica's late director, Dr. Raymond Rossi

“A longtime fixture in the paddock, Rossi was a familiar face when MotoAmerica riders were injured or needed basic medical care while at the racetrack,” states the report from BikeLand.

“In addition to helping MotoAmerica’s racers, Rossi was also an FIM accredited medical officer and served as FIM Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for FIM World Superbike and MotoGP events when those series came to the U.S.”

A view of a Ducati rider

Other notable contributions include Rossi’s time spent at Pikes Peak International Raceway and Miller Motorsports Park, as well as his days as a physician for the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo, where the report states he cared for rodeo athletes.

Athletes connected to the national western stock show rodeos

“I have been committed to motorcycle medical care for over 20 years,” said the man himself when he was accepted for the role of Medical Director for MotoAmerica.

“It is a privilege to be given an opportunity to serve this very noble group of athletes. It will be my goal to bring the highest level of medical care to the MotoAmerica riders, both trackside and in the paddock.”

“I am grateful to be a part of a new direction for American road racing led by KRAVE, and I applaud their vision.”

A view of MotoAmerica's late director, Dr. Raymond Rossi

“It was essential for us to have a medical director when we started MotoAmerica and Dr. Rossi was the perfect choice,” added MotoAmerica President Wayne Rainey at the time. “He served our series well, giving our racers a doctor they knew and trusted.”

Our hearts are with Rossi’s family during this time; drop a comment below in commemoration of the man’s vibrant legacy, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from RRW, the National Western Stock Show and MotoAmerica*​

The post MotoAmerica’s First Medical Director Passes at 67 appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back