• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MotoAmerica RD 8 - Pittsburgh AUG 25-27

SleepyC

Reaction score
Visit site
Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 2.02.50 PM.jpg

Just saw this and it's only 1.5 hours form my house... I asked the wife and she didn't murder me, so I may roll to this solo (with camera)

Round eight of the MotoAmerica series is scheduled for August 25-27 at Pittsburgh International Race Complex. This event marks the first time that an AMA-sanctioned race will be held at the new 2.8-mile, 19-turn road course.

The weekend will include two full days of racing—a doubleheader event—for the Motul Superbike, Superstock 1000, Supersport, and Superstock 600 classes. PIRC will also host the KTM RC Cup, a spec class open to riders age 14-22.
Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 2.08.04 PM.jpg

Looks like a $30 ticket, $10 parking.. so not too bad...

And the weekend schedule looks pretty awesome both Sat and Sun (Friday is open as well, but I'm working)

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 2.14.11 PM.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm

Cool, would have considered checking it out but I'm headed to Marietta for the Mail Pouch Fly-by this weekend. Be sure to upload some pictures when you get back!

That picture of the 'stunt' rider with prosthetic leg, that must of been cool to watch! Wonder if it was the result of a bike-related injury?!

Nice pics though. I'm thinking I'd want either a teleconverter or a longer lens (or both!!) for my set up as I only have a 200 reach (400 equiv) on my Olympus! With a 300 plus the EC20 I could have the same as a 600mm! Object tracking to get nice crisp pics with the creamy/blurred background must be challenging when said object is going 190+mph!!

Yeah, what lens, SleepyC? Tripod shooting?

I had my 24-105mm for closer stuff (stunt shots) and then just a crappy 70-300mm canon kit zoom for all the racing shots. No tripod. Just a hold breath focus and shoot. Rode the line with shutter speed to just get some wheel blur but also get a sharp pull on the motorcycles. With a better faster zoom I could have got much better shots. But I still had fun.

Back