• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MotoGP Suffers Audience Decline

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
MotoGP’s not sporting the best numbers this year – and while many are chalking the lack of attendance to the cost of living crisis and our inflated economy, there are a few key figures who have other ideas as to why the audience number isn’t breaking even.

“Covid-19 didn’t help, Russia didn’t help… so overall, companies that used to invest a lot of money in partnerships like this…in the past it was sticking the sticker, now it’s more about creating business,” explains Aprilia’s CEO, Massimo Rivola.

“…sponsorship today means something different from the past.”

A racer trying out his machine of choice. Media sourced from The Race.
A racer trying out his machine of choice. Media sourced from The Race.

Sponsorship is the ship that makes both MotoGP and Formula 1 go ‘round, especially when it comes to keeping up with the times; with the Grand Prix’s bigger-than-ever grids (24 bikes and six manufacturers for 2022!), The-Race believes that Dorna should push a bit more on the social media side of things – particularly when it comes to fan engagement ratings.

“The glamour of F1 is not comparable to MotoGP – it is much higher…but the show that we give is much better than theirs,” admits Rivola.

A lineup of MootGP machines hooning around a circuit. Media sourced from The Race.
A lineup of MototGP machines hooning around a circuit. Media sourced from The Race.

“…we have to find a way to get more sponsors overall…I think Netflix has given F1 a push that Amazon has not had the same impact…[and] from Dorna’s side, we have to question why.”

“I’ve seen both, and I have an idea, but it’s none of my business.”

MotoGP's teams each have their own idea on how MotoGP's doing. Media sourced from The Race.
MotoGP’s teams each have their own idea on how MotoGP’s doing. Media sourced from The Race.

We’ll let the man keep his thoughts to himself for the time being; in the meanwhile, what do you think would best boost MotoGP views?

Drop a comment below, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from The Race*​

The post MotoGP Suffers Audience Decline appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I’d appreciate the sponsorships if I thought they were actually useful for riding. Helmets for example. Good enough for moto gp good enough for me but I’m not paying attention to much of what they do because racing has very little in common with road racing as far as usability and what is important

I've thought of switching from F1 to Motogp (only have time/energy to follow one sport), but the online subscription is twice that of F1. The racing's much better, but is it twice as good?

MotoGP=$150/year
F1=$80/year

Back