• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle battery, date if manufacture

frog13

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a Motocross battery, new / delivered from Batterystuff.com.
Received the battery. Went to check the date of manufacture and on the top of the case in white "paint is.....XZ2648.
WTF......so, I sent an email to Yuasa to decipher said encryption......lol (kind've).
So we'll see what they say. Arrrgh

Yes, I've seen those weird codes and couldn't make sense of them. Pass along any info you find.

Battery date codes are two characters. The first is a number 0 through 9 that correspond to year. The second is a letter A through L that corresponds to month. 8B would be February 2018. Not every battery is so marked however.

Battery date codes are two characters. The first is a number 0 through 9 that correspond to year. The second is a letter A through L that corresponds to month. 8B would be February 2018. Not every battery is so marked however.
That's very often the way car, utility, and boat batteries are labeled. Yuasa OTOH seems to have their own code format, or perhaps the manufacture date is not disclosed on the battery.

That's very often the way car, utility, and boat batteries are labeled. Yuasa OTOH seems to have their own code format, or perhaps the manufacture date is not disclosed on the battery.
Or the retailer/installer didn't bother with the sticker.

Or the retailer/installer didn't bother with the sticker.
Maybe, but as I understand it, the YTZ series batteries are factory filled with electrolyte, so the retailer would have no responsibility for the manufacture date code.

Back