• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle boots for the office.

Chuck, that's funny!

I already look enough like a rather rotund Power Ranger in my silver/gray one-piece Olympia suit, so I have no desire to add any more to that image. :p

LOL! I got the older 'version' of those when I had my super-sport, so they fit right in then. I keep wearing them now because they're CE Level 2 certified, and frankly they were more money than I could have wished. ;) Plus, I'm the 'boss' at my building, so I have to tolerate a certain amount of 'What is wrong with that guy?' anyway.
:)

I have a pair of Stylmartin boots and really like them. They are made to look like regular shoes (the ones I have are the Seattle and are made to look like a basic Vans suede shoe). They are armored in the right places and not bulky at all. I wear them while riding to work, and then just wear them at the office all day. Granted, I work nights, so I could wear pink Crocs and no one would care...

Stylmartin - Racing Boots - Stivali Moto - Motorrad Stiefel - Calzature Moto - Motorcycles Boots

I've always worn dingo harness boots. My wife found a set of Harley harness boots out shopping one day and brought them home to me. Damn fine boots, reinforced toe, non-skid soles, water resistant and they cover my shins real good. I know they are more of a cruzer style boot and may get ripped off in a getoff, but I can wear them all day and they look good for work.

I recently ordered a pair of boots that I felt would be comfortable off the bike if I am camping with the bike. I also wear them at work.

They were on closeout I think, but the new versions are very similar. They are TCX X-Square Boots. Got them at Revzilla

TCX X-Square Boots - RevZilla

Looks like they are still on clearance.

They are comfortable.. but do not have any real cushion insole. I am thinking of adding a thin insole in case I need to do allot of walking in them. They are quite comfortable walking in as they are, but I think anything more than a mile or two might have you wishing for cushioned insoles.

Here's a picture of what they look like. They do have laces, but they also have a velcro flap that secures them.

tcxx_square_boots_black_detail.jpg

My wife discusses hand bags with her girl friends and you guys are discussing riding boots. Hmm hmm. :)
Just ride....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Stylmartin boots and really like them. They are made to look like regular shoes (the ones I have are the Seattle and are made to look like a basic Vans suede shoe). They are armored in the right places and not bulky at all. I wear them while riding to work, and then just wear them at the office all day. Granted, I work nights, so I could wear pink Crocs and no one would care...

Stylmartin - Racing Boots - Stivali Moto - Motorrad Stiefel - Calzature Moto - Motorcycles Boots

I like the look of some of these boots, but am having a problem finding a decent selection at any US retailers. Where did you buy yours from?

Not gonna flame you on your opinion about boot laces, but I will take issue as to these boots being a poor compromise between "safety and dressy". They WERE designed to be motorcycle boots. They may not be the best MC boots, but I think they are adequate for my particular commute. They should be at least as safe as most cowboy boots (and I have worn those most of my life along with combat boots in the military.) The description:

Color: Brown

Synthetic

Synthetic sole

Shaft measures approximately 5.75" from arch

Heel measures approximately 1"

Platform measures approximately 0.5"

Dual zippers create an adjustable opening in this half-combat, half-motorcycle boot.

View attachment 16544 View attachment 16545 View attachment 16546

As for changing shoes at work, just didn't think of it, but one of the reasons I went with these were the zippers to speed things up in the morning. Gearing up and down twice a day for a 20 commute does add to time to my workday.

What kind of boots are those?

I agree with the "just ride" sentiment, however those of us who are still working need a boot that is comfortable enough to wear at work so we CAN ride to and from work without having to change into something else at work every time we ride to work. Speaking of riding to work, Monday is the "official" ride to work day, although we all know every day is really ride to work day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Every job is a bit different of course, but i have to take my laptop home every night "just in case", so I just toss my shoes in the bag and change when I get to work. Takes maybe 30 seconds of my morning and then another 30 seconds in the afternoon. Of course I have a standing desk (trying to be more healthy) and the idea of standing in my motorcycle boots all day long makes my feet ache just thinking about it. I wear the ICON Elsinore boots. They still have some style but they are BOOTS.

Back