• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle tour with surfboard or kayak

mudtrack

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, there may not be that many others out there who have toured on motorcycle with an inflatable or folding water craft lashed on the bikes.
Well, my wife and I have enjoyed our Sea Eagle inflatable boogie boards on our motorcycle tours to the Oregon Coast. Gnarly.
Now we are the new owners of Oru Kayak Bay folding origami style kayaks. They may not fold down small enough for touring at 80 plus miles per hour, but for our short jaunts to nearby waters to explore we will easily strap on our new folding kayaks.
Life is too short. The kayaks weigh less than 30 lbs and can easily lash to our pillion zones.. I have carried bed rolls larger than these boats.
Look out, next Summer!

OK, there may not be that many others out there who have toured on motorcycle with an inflatable or folding water craft lashed on the bikes.
Well, my wife and I have enjoyed our Sea Eagle inflatable boogie boards on our motorcycle tours to the Oregon Coast. Gnarly.
Now we are the new owners of Oru Kayak Bay folding origami style kayaks. They may not fold down small enough for touring at 80 plus miles per hour, but for our short jaunts to nearby waters to explore we will easily strap on our new folding kayaks.
Life is too short. The kayaks weigh less than 30 lbs and can easily lash to our pillion zones.. I have carried bed rolls larger than these boats.
Look out, next Summer!
Pics please....

Yup, I’ve already been sketching out plans for a rack to mount to my Dale’s rest rack to do just that. Carry a 1-man inflatable pontoon or kayak so I can take the NC out fishing or exploring while I fish. The last can of night crawlers I bought had a saying on the container(I’ll have to grab a picture of it next time) “Our worms catch fish or die trying!!”

So yes, pictures please!!

OK, not strapped on yet, but you can get the picture here.
It's December and we are not in the mood to get wet except in our Jacuzzi, so we have not actually not strapped them to our bikes yet. However we have two of these.
Oru Bay St, packed and assembled.jpg

I have taken trips with my downhill skateboard and full size mountain bike on the back, but this was on my F800GS. The NC is about the same size so I don't see why those wouldn't work. All attachments home made.

I have taken trips with my downhill skateboard and full size mountain bike on the back, but this was on my F800GS. The NC is about the same size so I don't see why those wouldn't work. All attachments home made.
My worst cargo experience was with a fiddle in a backpack (neck stuck out above the top of my helmet). On the highway, it felt like I was wearing a deployed parachute... :D

The yellow bag on my V-Strom holds 2 of these inflatable boogie boards plus a pump. Wetsuits go in the top box.
Now I see it will be possible for each of us to carry our folding kayaks in their 33x29x12 inch bags at the same time as the yellow bag with boogie boards.
Spray skirts and life vests can go in panniers.
20200821_131339 board and crop.jpg

Last edited:
I have a surfboard rack for my bike that works great. I have traveled with it many times with no issues.
View attachment 47550
Why is the rack mounted on that side? You mount your bike from the other side? I'd like ot get a rack to hold my body boards, as parking in Malibu for my car can be as high as $15, but I can always find a free space to park my bike.

Why is the rack mounted on that side? You mount your bike from the other side? I'd like ot get a rack to hold my body boards, as parking in Malibu for my car can be as high as $15, but I can always find a free space to park my bike.
Mostly because of the muffler. It doesn't touch it but I figured it wasn't worth taking the chance the heat would delaminate the board over time.
Also, I can grab the board with my left hand if I need to and still control the throttle.

Back