• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

motorcycling pet peeves

kalifornia

Reaction score
Visit site
was reading a thread here and someone said "other adventure activities" Im not sure why the term "adventure" irks me, probably my age. I'm waiting for "tactical" motorcycle accessories, or dream of dreams the worlds first "tactical adventure bike" Is there something wrong with me? If you have a peeve, maybe simply saying so here might help. Cool until then go "drive" your bike.

O thats legit, its totally normal to feel hurt about that! it probably should be said that this thread is designated a "safe place" where you can share your truth without fear of being bullied.

Last edited:
"Tactical" has been claimed many years ago haha... (no peeves come to mind at the moment as i'm headed out the door to ride to work in the rain haha). though i'm sure i'll think of some today while at work and post them later. :{)

Here is a room full of KLR650's "highly modified" to run on DIESEL/JP8 fuel. Designer/builder Fred Hayes shown pictured with AMA's Hall-of-Famer Craig Vetter. :{)
usmc diesel klrs..no longer a myth.jpg

Here is a link to other diesel motorcycle ventures by Diesel Fred and Vetter for your reading pleasure...
2011 Vetter Streamliner-Chap 50

I've had to take a hard look at myself to realize my dislike for the word adventure stems from my wounded ego for not being the first adventure motorcyclist. I totally could have been, I just didn't think about it. So I figure I'll try to be the first adventurist in another category. So I proclaiming to be the worlds first "adventure walker", even if "adventure shoes" have already been invented the title could still stick. only time will tell.

I think “world’s first adventure crawler” is probably still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had to take a hard look at myself to realize my dislike for the word adventure stems from my wounded ego for not being the first adventure motorcyclist. I totally could have been, I just didn't think about it. So I figure I'll try to be the first adventurist in another category. So I proclaiming to be the worlds first "adventure walker", even if "adventure shoes" have already been invented the title could still stick. only time will tell.

06AABF68-6606-4E05-8FAC-3D2C1A15A177.jpg

Go for it...:cool:

Spend less time worrying about what irks you and more time riding and expanding your knowledge surrounding motorcycles, and you won't have time to worry about pet peeves.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My current worst motorcycling pet peeve:
Advertisements for used Honda Gold Wings that say "adult owned". (same for RV's, expensive boats, etc...)

Speaking of advertisements, my peeve is people who list the condition of the bike for sale as “mint”, then go on to list the problems that it has. Now wait a minute. Mint means perfect, so if it’s perfect, how does it have flaws, too?

[h=1]mint condition[/h] [FONT=&quot]noun
[/FONT]

[h=2]Definition of mint condition[/h]

[FONT=&quot]: perfect condition : a state of being like new He kept the car in mint condition.

[/FONT]

Speaking of advertisements, my peeve is people who list the condition of the bike for sale as “mint”, then go on to list the problems that it has. Now wait a minute. Mint means perfect, so if it’s perfect, how does it have flaws, too?

[h=1]mint condition[/h] [FONT=&quot]noun
[/FONT]

[h=2]Definition of mint condition[/h]

[FONT=&quot]: perfect condition : a state of being like new He kept the car in mint condition.

[/FONT]
To add to that, false information is equally annoying. Like this NC for sale in TN. 2013 NC700X manual trans with ABS....oddly, it looks like it had an ABS sticker on the front fender, but doesn't have ABS ring.

2013 Honda NC700X w/ABS - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale

1c8f30be3cd326c8104324e38b9d4103.jpg

60d5624305b434727db1e5bbeb6dc954.jpg

To add to that, false information is equally annoying. Like this NC for sale in TN. 2013 NC700X manual trans with ABS....oddly, it looks like it had an ABS sticker on the front fender, but doesn't have ABS ring.

Haha! I fully expected this to be a dealer ad, where I would expect lies like that, but this private seller probably doesn’t have a clue. And, it’s possible the buyer won’t have a clue, either. In the end, everyone’s happy!

Last edited:

I'd write and tell the seller that he could be in trouble for false advertising. There has never been a non-DCT with ABS here in the states, right?

I buy model trains on ebay and correct sellers all the time. Most appreciate and thank me for the info and change their ad, those who don't make my "untrustworthy sellers" list.

I wonder the history behind the sticker on the front fender? I mean it really does appear to say ABS, but who would put a sticker like that on it? Or maybe the fender was replaced with one from a DCT model.

I wonder the history behind the sticker on the front fender? I mean it really does appear to say ABS, but who would put a sticker like that on it? Or maybe the fender was replaced with one from a DCT model.

Yep, it probably had the fender replaced, which leads to more questions for the seller, for sure. Or you can order a Combined ABS sticker, per the number below:

[FONT=&quot]61110-MFM-900ZB
MARK, COMBINED ABS (TYPE2)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MSRP: $5.40
Dealer Price: $4.32
[/FONT]

Back