• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MotoSkivees

I'm going to order a pair. I have some LDC shorts and those are an improvement, but I have a friend who rides 30K miles a year and has a skin condition that makes long rides a genuine pain. He got these and like them.

I have only rode about 300 miles with the skivees and they do add some comfort to the ride. But only if they stay up in place. If they do move down a little bit and are not very upright in your seating position you will sit right on the top of the pad. that is more uncomfortable than not wearing them at all. I made sure they were up tight on the second ride and they were and improvement. I wonder if the cruiser design would not have been better for me. I do sit back on long rides a good part of the time.

I am not sure if they are worth the sixty dollars yet or not. I need to get some longer rides with them.

After using these for a while I have decided there are more negatives than pluses. If they were made like other riding shorts just with the added padding would be a good start. They are short in the legs and waist. The off road design does not really work with the NC seat. That is my fault. I should have tried the cruiser design. They are not much better than when I have the liner in my riding pants.

They are a start in the right direction, but need some major design improvements.

Used mine today (dual sport style.) Think I'll order a cruiser style.

I looked at what difference there was between the two styles. I couldn't determine if the area was larger or if the padding was just different. I posted on the thread at ADV and he indicated I might get a new model for testing. If you try the cruiser please let me know what you think.

I finally used my cruiser version today... 300 plus miles... six hours sitting. I was comfortable throughout. The cruiser version has larger padding plus an extra mound of padding right about at the butt bones. I will use the Cruiser version with the NC and the Adventure version with my CRF250 (200 miles on Thursday - half was trail). I think Motoskivies is a great investment and I think I'll appreciate having them on a 10-day ride I'm planning for July.

Last edited:
I finally used my cruiser version today... 300 plus miles... six hours sitting. I was comfortable throughout. The cruiser version has larger padding plus an extra mound of padding right about at the butt bones. I will use the Cruiser version with the NC and the Adventure version with my CRF250 (200 miles on Thursday - half was trail). I think Motoskivies is a great investment and I think I'll appreciate having them on a 10-day ride I'm planning for July.

Thank you for the review. I was not sure if I wanted to try the cruiser if it was not much different in seating coverage. It sounds like it may be worth trying. I am waiting for the ladies model to come out for my wife. If anyone is interested in these if you use the ADVrider discount you will receive a folding ball cap for free, which I find very nice to put in the frunk. Covers my bald head when we stop.

I haven't been riding much this year. With other activities and the never ending raining days the bike has been sitting in the garage. I went for 180 mile ride Tuesday. I decided to wear the MotoSkivees but also wore my EVO riding pants over them. With this setup the skivees worked great. I did not get the normal pain and was comfortable all day. The only discomfort is when off the bike. The pads love to go where you won't like it. If the pads were placed in the EVO gear it would be perfect. I will continue to use this setup. I thought it might be hot to wear this way but in mid eighties it was not a problem

I've not tried the MotoSkivees, but I've tried a half dozen different moisture wicking shorts and they all pretty much fail for the same reason: bulky seams. However, the winner on every long trip has been the seamless Cycle Gear Heat Out shorts. I've even had to stop and switch to the Heat Outs mid day when another type had seams that were cutting into my buttocks.

How are the MotoSkivees in terms of seam size and placement?

Last edited:
I thought it might be hot to wear this way but in mid eighties it was not a problem

Ha! Louisiana's 99, but feels like 105 laughs at your puny mid-eighties!
I meant to tell you , when I was in Flagstaff filling up to go to the north rim, this young kid comes running up to me with a flyer. He says his dad owns Motoskivvies. His dad is sitting in the minivan with family. I wave and tell the kid about your thread.

Didn't tell him I don't use them. I just use cheap moisture wicking undies.

Ha! Louisiana's 99, but feels like 105 laughs at your puny mid-eighties!
I meant to tell you , when I was in Flagstaff filling up to go to the north rim, this young kid comes running up to me with a flyer. He says his dad owns Motoskivvies. His dad is sitting in the minivan with family. I wave and tell the kid about your thread.

Didn't tell him I don't use them. I just use cheap moisture wicking undies.

That was at over 8000'. We get into the high 90s but not for too long. That is one of the reasons we moved here. We get over 100 on the plains but we are smart enough not to go there in the summer.

Right now, I'm thinking the only reason I'm still in Louisiana is my parents are still alive and kicking down here (well, mom's not kicking as high as she used to).
I could see me living in a higher elevation (and lower humidity).

Right now, I'm thinking the only reason I'm still in Louisiana is my parents are still alive and kicking down here (well, mom's not kicking as high as she used to).
I could see me living in a higher elevation (and lower humidity).

There is good and bad no matter where we choose to live. California was the best for all year riding. We rode deserts in the winter and mountains in the summer. But California is so bad in so many other ways I will never go back. When it is below zero and the roads are snow covered and icy here in Colorado the bikes stay inside. The biggest thing here is it is a best guess on the weather. If caught up high in the afternoon you are very likely to find yourself in a thunderstorm. Which can happen any afternoon during the summer.

Too true, Mike. Maybe I'll wind up just little northerer like Little Rock or Tulsa. It's just the humidity ..... can't stand it.... and neither can my joints.

I've liked the MotoSkivees and will use them during my first five-day ride tomorrow with my two sons. I have the dualsport and cruiser versions, preferring the cruiser for distance. Yes, the pads might cause one to feel a bit... ah... different(?) while walking... but, it usually just makes me chuckle a bit.

Last edited:
No issues with seams. I just now saw your reply. Headed out on a three day ride soon and will give them a better test. Multiple days in the saddle will let me know how well my set up works.

MotoSkiveez padded underwear ... the solution to uncomfortable NC7--x seats?

Anyone wear the padded MotoSkiveez underwear?

They make a few different styles that have padding built in to the seat area. Apparently in they place the padding in different places for their Adventure vs Cruiser (and other) bottoms for men. Women are not quite so lucky, they get only 1 style, so no customized padding for the bottoms of the fairer sex.

Do these work and make the seats on the NC7--x bikes tolerable?

Back