• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MotoSkivees

Merged new post with an older thread on same topic. Also, here is another thread on a similar topic:
Motorcycle Underwears

Merged new post with an older thread on same topic. Also, here is another thread on a similar topic:
Motorcycle Underwears

Thanks, I actually had done a search but everything came up with dates from 2014 and 2015. Wasn't sure about the protocol here of resurrection of dead threads so I started a new one after seeing this one was 3.5 years dead.

I'm looking for actual users who are actively using these for opinions.

Also would love to hear from people who bought these and gave up on them and would love to know the reasons why.

I bought a pair of padded riding undershorts at a rally. It was over ten years ago and I don't recall the name. The idea seemed sound but I found the seams and padding itself uncomfortable. My other riding gear I was beginning to buy was made of polyester/nylon blends that wicked moisture so I dumb lucked into trying a pair of 90/10 microfiber wicking Jockey boxer briefs with flat seams. These did work for me and they travel really well - washing and drying overnight when hoteling and camping cross country. I've ridden up to 22 hours 1500 miles a day in them, 6500 miles in 9 days. I bought 5 or 6 pairs at an outlet store for $10 a pair.

But I might be an outlier - I rode the stock seat for two years and many 500-1000 mile days. I'm not sure there are short cuts to long days except working up to it.

I use regular Pearl Izumi bicycling undershorts, made for wear under regular shorts or jeans. I’ve done a few 450 mile days with that setup, and no pain or discomfort. My only limit was gas fill ups. They wash out easily, and dry overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair a few years ago for summer riding. I have a pair 10 yo LD Comfort long leg but they do not have any padding. I can't say one is any better than the other or better than bike shorts for that matter but both of them are better than regular briefs in not creeping up on me.

When I bought the Moto-Skivees they were running a deal where they threw in one of their tri-fold bill ball caps. It is really a nice bit of kit. Unfortunately for me my wife has claimed it for her own use. Cheap bastard that I am, been waiitng for that deal to show up again rather than just buying another. :rolleyes:

Dave..!! You're an Animal man, that is incredible mileage/seat time man, Good grief :{P

I grabbed a pair of Under Armour compression shorts and they work great for me. The Stock NC seat was a killer/Medieval torture device for me. I switched to a nice Shad and the first time out made 450 miles and a couple of 500+ days since. Still not able to ride long without a lot of discomfort, but better. I just grabbed a Corbin to try so i might be selling the Shad soon! :{)

I grabbed a pair of Under Armour compression shorts and they work great for me.
Wife and I are long distance hikers. 85 miles is just a walk in the park. 500 miles is a nice walk. Yes, compression shorts are good. But I don't see any benefit FOR ME on the seat of the NC.

Wife and I are long distance hikers. 85 miles is just a walk in the park. 500 miles is a nice walk. Yes, compression shorts are good. But I don't see any benefit FOR ME on the seat of the NC.

Maybe consider bead riders, Air Hawks, sheep skin covers or a custom seat if butt pain is the issue.

After all, you are asking for recommendations and like compression shorts these are known to help those that offer a reply to your question(s).

Maybe consider bead riders, Air Hawks, sheep skin covers or a custom seat if butt pain is the issue.

After all, you are asking for recommendations and like compression shorts these are known to help those that offer a reply to your question(s).

I'm considering ALL options!

I use beads. I have some unpadded LD comfort shorts and they are ok. I've also done the boxer thing and they are fine. On a long trip, I do like dueling. 3 pair, wear one, wash one, one dry. rotate daily. I also use beads on my saddle. They allow me to move around and get air flow. I tried an air hawk and gel sheep skin. The beads are better.

My saddle has the Seat Concepts Low saddle cover. I used a similar one on my DR650. I tried the Shad saddle and found no improvement. I'd got to a Russell, but I'm too short.

I have 3 pairs. I do not believe they are worth the cost.

Not saying they don’t work. They do help. But at the cost I don’t believe they provide enough benefits.

I have had good luck on a recent trip with Duluth armachillos, the bullpen corral kind. Note there are two kinds of armachillo from Duluth. I found this kind far superior.

1. I didn't read the whole thread.
2. I'm cheap.
3. A few months ago I discovered the Fruit of the Loom micro-stretch boxer briefs at Malwart. Moisture-wicking, microfiber, thin and slippery, 92% polyester/8% spandex, no noticeable seams, $17 for a 5-pack.
Bought them just before picking up my new bike and riding across Arizona and New Mexico in June; 105 in the desert and I was cool. Unlike cotton, zero sweat or moisture down there, totally cool and dry. If I felt hot I'd stand for 30 seconds and get immediate cooling.
Five stars, these are great with zero negatives and cheap too. I've worn them all summer and love them, couldn't be more comfortable no matter what you're doing/riding. My new favorite summer briefs. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Micro-Stretch-Black-and-Gray-Boxer-Briefs-5-Pack/415891559

Back