• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

mounting givi monokey cases (pics)

gpd211

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me start by stating I am no expert. I like the looks of the Honda bags and trunk, but already had all the monokey luggage
GIVI V35 - Side hardbags
GIVI E55 TECH - Cases & Top Cases
plus I read here that you have to cut part of the fairing to fit the Honda stuff. With the Givi stuff I put on there is no cutting.

First off what was installed.
For the bags PLX1111. (These CAN NOT be mounted without the trunk kit 1111FZ or adapter kit 1111KIT). I wanted the trunk anyway so can't comment about the kit.
For the trunk 1111FZ and art. M 5.

What came in the PLX1111
IMG_2310.jpg

What came in the 1111FZ
IMG_2308.jpg

What came in the art. M 5
IMG_2309.jpg

The instructions are really easy to follow. I won't bore you with rewriting what Givi already has. There are couple places you will need open ended wrenches as well as allen wrenches.

I mounted everything loose until all parts were mounted so adjustments could be easily made.

These are included with the trunk setup. (I believe the KIT is only these 4 pieces (2 for each side)). The passenger handle bolts are removed and these slid under the handles then new (longer) bolts are put in (included with the trunk mount)
IMG_2312.jpg

One side installed.
IMG_2314.jpg

The arm for the side cases connects to the two tabs and two bolts into the back of the passenger pegs.
IMG_2315.jpg

All installed
IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

Last edited:
And pics with the luggage attached. The luggage is very dusty. Has been sitting in the garage for many projects including blowing insulation (if you've never done it I can guarantee EVERYTHING will be covered in it)
IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

I had the side cases and trunk before I got the bike. I priced the Honda side bags and mounts for the vfr and got the entire givi setup for the same money. I think it was around $1000 total

The rack is inside of the body lines. With the cases installed I would guess that they may be 3-4 inches wider than the bar ends. You don't notice them in the mirrors when looking back. The only thing I can see is the corners of the trunk and I have to move my head to see that.

They look good.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison between the Givi's and the Honda bags if anyone can provide.

Is there much of a size and weight difference between the two?

I was convinced the E52 and E55 would be too big. Now after seeing your bike, I think it looks great.
I may even opt for the E41 side cases. Your bike looks great IMO!
Thank you for the pics!

Great pics and really useful information. I was not sure about the Givi set up but now think the V35 side & V46 top box will be great and as importantly look great too. I have the DCT version and have had an Ermax white hugger & the fender entenda fitted to her so hopefully it will make the bike more British weather proof.:)

I'm thinking about ordering the TRK46 or TRK52L top box. Trying to order from motorcycle-superstore.com cause I have a gift card through them. However, they don't list the NC700X as an option on the FZ mounting arms page or the M5 adapter plate page. Have a call in to customer service to see if they can custom order these parts. So all that said--guess my question is this--the M5 plate--doesn't matter what motorcycle you are starting with...the M5 is always going to come with the same HW, correct? I could see how the mounting arms would be bike specific, and I requested the 1111FZ as you mentioned in your first post...just still confused as to the bike question when trying to order the M5.

Anywho...will post picks if I can ever get all this ordered. :)

I'm thinking about ordering the TRK46 or TRK52L top box. Trying to order from motorcycle-superstore.com cause I have a gift card through them. However, they don't list the NC700X as an option on the FZ mounting arms page or the M5 adapter plate page. Have a call in to customer service to see if they can custom order these parts. So all that said--guess my question is this--the M5 plate--doesn't matter what motorcycle you are starting with...the M5 is always going to come with the same HW, correct? I could see how the mounting arms would be bike specific, and I requested the 1111FZ as you mentioned in your first post...just still confused as to the bike question when trying to order the M5.

Anywho...will post picks if I can ever get all this ordered. :)

The m5 is just the mounting plate. It is the same for all bikes. The arms are what are different

Thought so...not sure why they make you select your bike before being able to order the M5 mounting plate. That said, they don't have the arms listed on the site (motorcycle-superstore.com) but I did give them a call, as I figured if they could get Givi parts...they could get them all. So they are going to build me an order via phone today I believe. This is why I told the wife...just give me whatever money you want to spend on my birthday, and I'll order everything. Instead, she gives me one large giftcard to one site.

I know...I know...#firstworldproblems. :)

Does anyone know if the OEM Honda bags are easily removable? I think I would like the ability to just remove the whole bag to take into work, home, etc...

Back