• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounting help for mini LED light bar

superdedooperman

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen a thread where a member mounted a light bar like this one under their headlight. I do not remember if they had a Honda light bar for mounting, but have been searching for that thread and have been unsuccessful in finding it. I intend to use this as a bright light assist when the bright switch is on, but turned off when the headlight is on dim.

Please, share your ideas for mounting a light like this either directly above the fender or just under the "beak" on the front end. Thanks!

led light.jpg

Under the beak there is a plastic cover that can be removed exposing a metal support. I believe there are 2 holes there available for mounting. The plastic cover will need to be trimmed to reinstall.

Denali makes a mount that goes there but it allows a light pod to be placed on either side of the headlight (a little lower). Look for that on Twisted Throttle. I believe they have the instructions for install. That should get you started but you will probably have to come up with a way to space your light bar down a bit to clear the bottom of the beak.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

When mounting a light under the beak, be mindful of the size, as you would not want the front fender to contact it under full suspension compression.

I've done that very thing. The bolt holes aren't exactly easy access but it can be done.

Front view. (the fairing is on because it's cold these days)
lights1.jpg

bolt view.

• I had to cut away a large section of the plastic under there ... not all of it but a big piece.
  • the zip ties are there to keep the light cables neat.
  • The horizontal bar is alumunium "flat bar"..the 90 deg. angled kind. I used real "flat" bar at first, but that causes the lights to bounce as you ride.
lights2.jpg

OFF/ON switch

• mounted along the base of the left mirror.
  • encased in a rectangular piece of black plastic (walmart waste basket)
  • drill hole for switch
  • push switch through hole, attach with supplied collar
  • wrap the rest of the plastic piece behind and around the mirror mount
  • secure plastic piece with zip tie (my favorite connector)
switch.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. Thanks for the pics! I'll be taking a look at it all when I get home to see if this is something I'd like to do, or just scrap the idea all together if I think it's above my pay grade :D

I have the Denali light bar from TT installed on my bike. The lamps are mounted nice and high, higher than if they were under the beak. Not good pics of the install, but you can get the idea and see how high they are...Perfect for what I wanted them for: Driving lamps.

The instructions that came with the bar are incorrect, not sure if they have been changed by TT or Denali yet. The bar is just a simple piece of bar steel with two holes drilled that uses stock holes found under the plastic.

IMG_2768-XL.jpg

IMG_2517-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Denali light bar from TT installed on my bike. The lamps are mounted nice and high, higher than if they were under the beak. Not good pics of the install, but you can get the idea and see how high they are...Perfect for what I wanted them for: Driving lamps.

The instructions that came with the bar are incorrect, not sure if they have been changed by TT or Denali yet. The bar is just a simple piece of bar steel with two holes drilled that uses stock holes found under the plastic.

IMG_2768-XL.jpg

IMG_2517-XL.jpg

That's good looking. I can definitely tell the bar is there.

BTW, What kind of engine guards are those??

Placing a light above the front fender is not a good idea. During hard braking, it will slam into the fender. I would recommend a lightbar of some sort and then mounting the lights to the sides of the front wheel.

IMG_3791.jpg

Last edited:
I am actually adding an aux light to each of my engine guards that will have power the entire time the bike is on. They will be on either side of the headlight.

I wanted this 6inch LED light bar to sit under the headlight and be activated with the bright switch. Which I'll be connecting it to the appropriate connector on the sub-harness.

I feel like mounting under the headlight will be best. You are right about mounting above the fender. That wouldn't work out very long.

I installed a couple small lights to the sides of the fender using power from the sub harness but I installed a designated on off switch for the leds. I'm planning on mounting them higher up later on though.
Better to have them angled down rather then up (as they are now)
5f8ad0999cad02c6ee96c767ad43b45d.jpg

Givi bars provide a very good mounting spot (pun intended). Connected to accessories harness with a handlebar switch.
08bb81379d76088d9a429f367a5e010e.jpg

Givi bars provide a very good mounting spot (pun intended). Connected to accessories harness with a handlebar switch.
08bb81379d76088d9a429f367a5e010e.jpg

That's awesome! I'm using my Mutazu engine guards to mount my aux lights. But, I'm also planning to put a mini 6 inch light bar under the beak of the bike.

Back