• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Moving On....

Badger

Reaction score
Visit site
Folks, I have had a great time here and people are ever so friendly however after 4k miles I was looking for a change. Recently I spotted my local courier on the NC700x with a big box on the back! Put me off a bit. The 700 has now devalued quite a bit and dealerships are flogging them below cost price here in the Uk as a result of the 750, so decided I needed a change. Wanted something exclusive so went for the ever so gorgeous Moto Guzzi V7 Stone in black. Dealer gave me a cracking part ex for my 700 I could not refuse. I dont think there is a bike out there to beat practicality and fuel economy of the NC but its slightly slow top end and now a bit common where I live. couriers, pizza delivery and learners etc. Shows how popular it is though. Loved the DCT which again was a pain to shift to a dealer as there is no demand for it. I wish I could keep the NC but cant afford to keep both.
Anyway looking forward to the new Italian beauty and wish to thank you all for maintaining a great forum.

On another note-I have a brand new unopened, sealed NC700 paperback workshop manual if anyone wants to buy it. Let me know via messaging

daqutyma.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
otherwise it would be a false advertisement :)

Richard Overton. In 1991, he sued Anheuser-Busch for $10,000, citing false and misleading advertising that allegedly caused emotional distress, mental injury and financial loss. Overton said the company's ads — which depicted beer's magical ability to facilitate "scenic tropical settings [and] beautiful women and men engaged in endless and unrestricted merriment" — turned out to be "untrue."

This Lawsuit's for You - Top 10 Outrageous Legal Battles - TIME

Sorry to see you leave the fold mate, but great choice on the new set of wheels! :cool:

That was one of the bikes I specifically drooled over at the last bike show here, it was a beauty!

With my CX500Turbo, I developed a real love for that similar basic engine configuration, sound, and general joie de vivre, of that unique variation on a theme. :)

I always wondered how a Guzzi would be like, compared to her Japanese distant cousin.

Well I cant say a bad thing about the NC really. In all honesty i would have never changed but what tipped me over is the fact that couriers here in the UK are now riding around on it and its just made it a bit common. I suppose being common means loads of parts and other support however I now work local so commuting is on a cycle. Thought I wanted something exclusive. Test rode the Triumph Bonnie and other contenders. Got on the V7 and was sold by the symmetrical exhaust and lovely retro looks and not to forget that awesome sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new bike. As different as the V7 is from the NC just goes to show how individual our choices are. Enjoy.

I like Silverhounds comment. Glad my wife doesn't read this forum. She knows I'd say the same thing. Anyway, looks like an awesome bike. Good luck and enjoy.

I traded a V7C for the NC700X I have now. It was an 09 or a 2010. Can't remember. It was unique around here and retro cool. Mine shook so bad the spark plugs came loose and the only thing that kept them from blowing out were the wires. The gear box was not smooth and the linkage vibrated loose. BUT !! All this has been eliminated with the newer engine and gearbox. I have no doubt your new Guzzi will be a great ride. My Honda dealer is now the only Guzzi dealer in Ohio, as far as I know . That makes me a bit nervous about buying another one. But, every time I go to the dealer, I'm eyeing the new 2 tone version Guzzi . Have fun and enjoy that motor. It really has character.

Nice choice there Badger... I've owned two Guzzis (01 V11 Sport and 04 V11 Copa Italia) and I still consider the V11 Sport to be one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever made. And Lord help me...the sound of that lump of an engine.

I dare not look at Craigslist.

Okay, I'm just gonna peek.....sigh....

Back