• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MT60rs vs K73

mtiberio

Reaction score
gjm.site90.com
I had a set of $400 Pirelli MT60's on my NC for 5800 miles, and they were great. Being curious, I decided to try a set of Heidenau K73's. Got a pair for about $300. Called a super rain, the blocks are smaller than the MT60's. More importantly, they are bias ply vs radial for the Pirelli. While I haven't weighed them, I'd guess that they are heavier too. My $0.02, the Pirellis are worth the extra $100. At anything close to standard pressures, the K73's beat the sh*t out of me, especially with the standard too harsh high speed fork compression damping. Right now I'm running 24#'s front and 28#'s rear just to make the ride tolerable. I hope they wear out quick because I cant wait to get back on a set of the Pirellis. Note: conventional wisdom says the "corsa" Pirellis were only going to last 3K miles at best. I got twice that...

Last edited:
I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires on my Triumph Tiger.
Came stock on them.
Still have them on at 12,500 miles on the ODO.
Have a new set on order to change into.
I have come to appreciate the Pirelli brand.

Put a set of Metzler Tourance Next on my 2013 NCX.
Awesome tire on the road including going thru twisties.
Makes me feel more capable than I probably am.
Have just over 5K miles on them right now and still in fine shape.

God bless and ride safe!!

Michael

Back