My 2015 NC700X DCT ABS First Ride

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The story about the engine being half a Fit engine isn't true no matter how many times people repeat it.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it's not? what kind of engine is it? built from scratch low revving?
Exactly. It's a motorcycle engine developed from scratch for the "New Concept" product line. The Honda automotive group was consulted due to their experience in designing engines with similar characteristics. An engineer is reported to have joked that the NC engine was half of a Fit engine. That's all it was: a bit of humor, nothing more.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. It's a motorcycle engine developed from scratch for the "New Concept" product line. The Honda automotive group was consulted due to their experience in designing engines with similar characteristics. An engineer is reported to have joked that the NC engine was half of a Fit engine. That's all it was: a bit of humor, nothing more.
Uchida-sans mistake was uttering the remark in a roomful of journalists on hand for the world release of the NC.

greenboy

Reaction score
When I was a kiddie we had a couple birthday parties where a whispered bit got passed around in a circle. The resulting manglement hardly ever resembled the original statement that much. Like just about anything you read on the internet. And much like modern "journalism" as found in major and clickbait media -- unless being rote-read from Pentagon PSAs ; }

GoRovers

Reaction score
I enjoyed your YouTube review and your %$#@! enthusiasm about the NC. Well done! You'd enjoy riding the 2016 NC in Sport 3 mode...even more grin-inducing!

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fun watching this review. Funny the preconceived ideas of riders keep them from jumping on the NC and giving it a try. Their loss I guess. This bike is far more fun than I expected it to be.

MotoChooch

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yeah I figured that thing about the 1/2 fit engine was bogus.

If I do pick one up I want the 2016. I like the color and the updates it has, along with the new style exhaust. We shall see! Just got the insurance quote today, an additional 50 bucks a month. Ouch. It's all going to come down to what my new lease payment is when I get rid of the expensive car and get something for bad weather now that I ride pretty much everywhere.