• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My first bike ever! (NOOB)

shinøbigami

Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to go with the 2021 NC750X DCT as my first bike and am extremely satisfied with what it has to offer. I’ve ridden some sport and touring bikes thanks to my two brothers but have hesitated until this point to get one of my own (I’m 37 btw). I purchased the bike in early February this year and have already racked up 6500 miles on it. There are tons of cool roads to ride on here in the east bay of California, so it’s been a lot of fun these past 2 months.

Last edited:
Welcome to motorcycling and to the forum! Sounds like you made a good motorcycle choice and you’re off to a good start with mods and ride time.

Looking good. Looks like you will have the bike set up for some long trips. I swapped out the foot pegs for some from SW-Motech. Maybe consider a front fender extender and radiator guard. I've not added these yet to my 2022, but it's on my list. I will also do a new seat to get more comfort and a little more heights.

Looking good. Looks like you will have the bike set up for some long trips. I swapped out the foot pegs for some from SW-Motech. Maybe consider a front fender extender and radiator guard. I've not added these yet to my 2022, but it's on my list. I will also do a new seat to get more comfort and a little more heights.

Yes it will be, I plan to run the entirety of PCH and hopefully a Vancouver trip via the coast at some point, will definitely have the fender extender and radiator guard before taking it off road anywhere.

Last edited:
I did the Marin Sunday Morning Ride a number of times when I lived in SF in the late 80s and if you haven’t already, it’s an awesome ride from Mill Valley up to Point Reyes Station (great restaurant there, probably still there—Station House Cafe). It’s serious twisties for the first part out of Mill Valley (Hwy 1) then take the coast road (Panoramic Hwy) into Stinson Beach instead of going over the mountain, then you’ve got high speed sweepers in the lagoon section all the way up to PRS. The SMR would have breakfast there then head back to the city by going east—also amazing roads—over to 101 south back to the city. The memory is a little sketchy from 30+ years ago but that’s pretty close. It’s an amazing ride and that torquey NC motor would be perfect. Torque is king in twisties.

Another bucket list road is 20 from Willits (101N) west to Fort Bragg. Miles and miles of twisties through the redwoods. That’s definitely something to do if you have any reason to be in that area.

I lived in the Richmond district in the city and it was just a few minutes to get to Hwy 1 and I loved simply riding the coast down from SF to Santa Cruz. Wonderful ride.

I’m new here too, also new to the NC, but I welcome you to the awesome life of riding. You’ve got a great area to ride and you’re lucky. Another great ride is down to Alice’s Restaurant. Look that up.

I did the Marin Sunday Morning Ride a number of times when I lived in SF in the late 80s and if you haven’t already, it’s an awesome ride from Mill Valley up to Point Reyes Station (great restaurant there, probably still there—Station House Cafe). It’s serious twisties for the first part out of Mill Valley (Hwy 1) then take the coast road (Panoramic Hwy) into Stinson Beach instead of going over the mountain, then you’ve got high speed sweepers in the lagoon section all the way up to PRS. The SMR would have breakfast there then head back to the city by going east—also amazing roads—over to 101 south back to the city. The memory is a little sketchy from 30+ years ago but that’s pretty close. It’s an amazing ride and that torquey NC motor would be perfect. Torque is king in twisties.

Another bucket list road is 20 from Willits (101N) west to Fort Bragg. Miles and miles of twisties through the redwoods. That’s definitely something to do if you have any reason to be in that area.

I lived in the Richmond district in the city and it was just a few minutes to get to Hwy 1 and I loved simply riding the coast down from SF to Santa Cruz. Wonderful ride.

I’m new here too, also new to the NC, but I welcome you to the awesome life of riding. You’ve got a great area to ride and you’re lucky. Another great ride is down to Alice’s Restaurant. Look that up.

Much appreciated, I will definitely check them all out, I just went to Stinson beach last week via the Golden Gate Bridge and PCH through Tamalpais/ Muir beach. Gorgeous ride, got caught in the rain a bit but made for an even better experience. Been riding 2 up so can’t take full advantage of the twisties but the experience of these roads on a bike has been amazing. I’ll make it a goal to map out an awesome riding route for anyone on this forum who’s from/ can make it out to this area. :)

Congrats on the new bike! Hope you really enjoy it. I did for 55 years. Be careful though- I read several years ago that the most dangerous times to ride are your first 10 k miles and the first one thousand on any machine “newl” to you. Remember-Evel Kneivel said “if you ever get where you’re not a little afraid of it, it’s time to park it because it’s going to try to kill you”. Good advice from a guy who had no sense at all on two wheels

Back