• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Honda NC 750X 2019 rusty?

cris

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Boys and Girls. I read them often and I learn a lot with you in spite of the short time I have been here, this time I ask all those who can help me. As the title of the post states, I have a rusty 2019 Honda NC 750X. I tell you that I wash the motorcycle at least once a week, since I use it every day, on gravel (I live on a hill) and on the road. I always used to wash Motul moto wash, but as I began to notice the oxide principle , I decided not to use it anymore ... the question is that it got worse. In the last wash, I decided to lubricate the cables and I found a lot of rust (I attached photos). I would be grateful if you could use it to avoid it ... although I know there are areas that I will have to paint again. Is it normal for this to happen in a 2019 model?I live in front of the sea, 4 km from the beach ... will it have something to do?Thank you so much

Attachments

• Espejos NC.jpeg
    Espejos NC.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 57
  • bocina nc.jpeg
    bocina nc.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 58
  • pedal NC.jpeg
    pedal NC.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 57
  • manubrio NC.jpeg
    manubrio NC.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 57
  • perno NC.jpeg
    perno NC.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 57
  • cristo NC.jpeg
    cristo NC.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 57
Living near the (saltwater) ocean and an internet search explains electrolyte in the salt conducts ions which speeds up rusting of exposed metal.
I love WD-40 in aerosol and liquid. I brushed some on a bike today to counter dust in the nooks and crannies. But would first touch up the rust spots w/a portrait paint brush and flat black paint. Good luck.

I have a NC750X 2014 (EU) and ride it 12 months a year in all conditions and it looks better than yours! Unbelievable!!
And i live in the Netherlands about 10km from the sea

Last edited:
Back