• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My horse doesn't run over 150kph

Aero and weight is a factor but in my experience 55 or so hp is good for 170-180 km/h give or take. You have to use a GPS to get a real reading. The biggest variable in all this is the speedo inaccuracy.

I had a similar powered 1986 Honda VF500 I regularly used to speed test and the top end would vary about +/- 5km/h depending on the prevailing conditions. Best I ever saw on that bike was 184 km/h (114 mph). Always with a digital GPS. The VF felt a bit quicker/faster than the NC too.

This is on a flat road in decent conditions so it's a meaningful observation (for me at least). Going downhill with a force 8 tailwind doesn't count..

Hi folks. My nc700x is 65K. I already raplaced spurk plugs, clutch lining set, oil, air filter. Also my tires are original size. Unfortunently my horse can't still run over 150kph. No accident, What do you think?
Did you add/change windscreens? Did you change/add side bags? Have you changed elevation? 150kph is 93mph... I have had mine up to 165kph (once) and that is all it had (just after break in period)...Too many variables to consider....

My 2020, 8000km white horse will sometime struggle to get past that speed too when I am fully loaded with 2 36 liters paniers and my fat self of almost 250lbs.
Add to that a good head wind, and there ou go, 6th gear, WOT, 150kph is as good I'm gonna get.

Last edited:
My 2020, 8000km white horse will sometime struggle to get past that speed too when I am fully loaded with 2 36 liters paniers and my fat self of almost 250lbs.
Add to that a good head wind, and there ou go, 6th gear, WOT, 150kph is as good I'm gonna get.
Put some poutine in the tank and drape a Montreal Canadiens jersey over the seat and you're guaranteed to hit 180 kph :)

Back