My nc700x DCT kickstand is worn through, GIVI ES1111 footprint plate is just too darned big. Really!!!

scott c

Reaction score
Visit site
My best result as far as your kickstand issue goes takes a little effort. You have to take it out of the frunk and place it under your kickstand. Works for me, now if you could engineer a way to permanently attach it (zip ties). It should be light enough. 1622050880828.png

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My best result as far as your kickstand issue goes takes a little effort. You have to take it out of the frunk and place it under your kickstand. Works for me, now if you could engineer a way to permanently attach it (zip ties). It should be light enough. View attachment 44966
The one like this I carried in the frunk was held in place by the rubber band that originally held the “tool kit” in the maintenance panel.

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Strange that you have/had this issue. I haven't had an issue with the foot, I bought off ebay years ago, causing the kickstand to drop. I have many a mile on rocky stuff in Arkansas and yes she has been in the air a few times. Suprise babyheads will get you airborn and of course water bars can be a whole lot of fun! Some dirt bikes have a strap that you hook around the kickstand to make sure it doesn't fall. Wonder if you could do something like that on the NC if the rubber bands don't last long.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Well. I ordered the poly bands on amazon. That worker a charm. The bike stand now snaps up into place. I pulled off the collection of rubber bands.

Attachments

• 7DE0029F-D244-40D5-9FCE-DF9157F8C278.jpeg
    7DE0029F-D244-40D5-9FCE-DF9157F8C278.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
Strange that you have/had this issue. I haven't had an issue with the foot, I bought off ebay years ago, causing the kickstand to drop. I have many a mile on rocky stuff in Arkansas and yes she has been in the air a few times. Suprise babyheads will get you airborn and of course water bars can be a whole lot of fun! Some dirt bikes have a strap that you hook around the kickstand to make sure it doesn't fall. Wonder if you could do something like that on the NC if the rubber bands don't last long.
The springs get weak in some apparently. My 2013 that I use for trackdays has a weak spring on the side stand. It won't drop all the way down but shear down force of me hauling butt through a turn on the track will make it drop down about 1-2" and it drags. I can hear it dangling against the track surface. I ground down the front of the kickstand foot to help alleviate some of the dragging and it did just that. But I have played with the side stand while the bike is on center stand and it's just not a strong enough spring. I can easily be wiggled down and up a couple inches when in the up position.